Sub-locations ?

Grete

I just bought this program, but discover that I really miss being able to make sub-locations/sub-folders. We have several buildings and several rooms in each building, but in several of the rooms we have several cabinets - and I would like to have the cabinets as one and one sub-location. How can I achieve this in a structured way?

I just bought this program, but discover that I really miss being able to make sub-locations/sub-folders. We have several buildings and several rooms in each building, but in several of the rooms we have several cabinets - and I would like to have the cabinets as one and one sub-location. How can I achieve this in a structured way?

Hi, is it possible to use the Groups fields as shown in the attached screen shot? You can setup a group for each sub location.

We thought about adding a 3rd level below the Rooms, but it seemed that doing so would make the user interface very cluttered and confusing. Will still consider it for the next major release.HomeManage-Groups.png

• 4 months later...

I have a similar situation and opted to use room names like:

Dining Room

Dining Room Curio Cabinet

Dining Room China Cabinet

Dining Room Sideboard

I put the Curio Cabinet asset in the "room" with the cabinet's name, but I could see the justification for putting the cabinet itself in the Dining Room room (using my example).

By the way, Admin, I can't se the posted image.

Having 3 tiers would be very useful. For example, if you had items in a box... you could have a location plus a department with a box containing the items. And, if you moved the box (with the inventoried items)... you simply move the box to a new location or department (room).

As it stands, you must create the box ID #s as the location (typically this would be ...home, office, etc.) then create the department as the room and add the items to the box. Moving the items listed from box to box is simple but you can not move the box from location to location or department to department easily.

Having sub categories will make the software more versatile.