Feature request: Allow reordering of Item Picture(s) tabs

garlin007

I am adding items using Add Items using Images and I like the first image to be the overall picture of the item, and sometimes I have additional pictures with details, such as with a signature on a painting. If it so happens that the detail picture is "before" the overall picture in alphabetical order; e.g. the signature is in IMG0001 and the overall photo is in IMG0002, then HomeManage makes IMG0001 image 1 for the asset and IMG0002 the second image, even if I select them in the opposite order before adding the new item. Regardless of how images come to be in the wrong order, I can see users wanting to be able to reorder them.

One way I see to be able to change the order is to edit the Item, Clear both images, and import them one at a time in the order I want them. I think I might be able to use copy and paste to re-order the images, but it looks like it could be a lot of work if there are already several images and you want to insert one. I suggest that you allow the user to drag the tabs to reorder the images. Alternatively, add some arrows to the dialog to allow the user to shift the image tab left or right.

Question: Can I just renumber the files in AssetImages to get the order I want? E.g., swap Asset74(1).jpg with Asset74(2).jpg? Do I need to swap the THUMB files, too, or can I just delete them and then HomeManage will regenerate them? Do I need to explicitly run Create Thumbnails for All Images?