Currency Settings

admin

=== QUESTION

I have a question I would like to ask if you may be able to help on this one that would be great,

It is in relation to the currency displayed on the AssetManage system of an item located on the "General" tab, I had a quick browse on the forums and found that the currency is set according to what is set up on the local PC's control panel setting for "Regions & Languages".

We've been using the software and it works well, but recently we started putting costs on the system - and since we work in multiple currencies (£ and $) mostly, I was wondering if its possible to remove the currency symbol altogether that is automatically generated when costs are put into the fields so we can manually input the currency we want?

Is this possible on the system?

=== ANSWER

The software formats currency according to the currency settings in the Windows Control Panel as mentioned above. I suppose it is possible to remove the currency symbol in your Windows Control Panel, but that will affect all applications that use the setting.