Encounter an improper argument

Guest Eric Loenard

Guest Eric Loenard

i was working on asset mange standard edition ans it suddenly came up with this error window" Encounter an improper argument" . and it kept popping up continuously.

until i had to forcefully exit the software. i tried a few times and it was the same process. kindly assist. as i cannot use the software anymore 

asset manage error.JPG

• 4 months later...

Hi, can you drag the middle splitter bar down until it completely covers the image and detail windows.  Does this remove the error?  If so, you can use this workaround until we can fix a problem which appears to be related to the detail view on some user's computers.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

AG-HomeManage-Middle-Splitter.gif

Guest Olu Bello

Guys , Sometimes all you might have to do is DISABLE the ANTI-VIRUS on your computer. and it should be fine.

But i still think, this issue should be looked into by Admin. 

Guest Olu Bello

i Used to have  similar problem and every time i disable my AVG antivirus, it worked fine.

So i realised that after i upgraded my AVG antivirus to the latest 2017 version, at the first launch of assetmanage software, AVG did a scan of assetmanage software and certified the software ok and without  any threat, and since then i didn't have to disable my antivirus anymore.And i didn't get the  "Encounter an Improper argument" error anymore.