Status bar totals

RonD

I just updated from 2013 to 2015 and noticed something odd in the status bar. I see that the 2015 version breaks down more information contained in the status bar. This works for every collection I have except for United States - General Issue.

I've attached a snip of what the status bar looks like when choosing that particular catagory. This is my largest collection area and was wondering if maybe there are too many stamps there for this new function to work. Does anyone else have this issue?

post-3389-0-01196800-1428085204_thumb.jp

Yes, that is basically saying that we can't show the status if you have over 1500 items in the list.

The reason for this is constantly updating the status bar for a large list results in the program being really sluggish. Believe me you would find it very annoying. We are loooking at speeding this up for large lists but as of now we put in that limit.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have Numerous Collections with >2000 showing in the status bar.  I understand the need for the limitation and I am not bothered by it at all. 

If you are looking for a 'quick update' on your totals, a workaround to obtain that information is to highlight your collection and click 'show totals' on the tools menu.  SM comes back pretty quickly with the information.... 

• 1 month later...