If your Upgrading to Windows 10 (Or already have)

admin

=== QUESTION

I upgraded to Windows 10 and when I started the program it was now un-registered..and I tried the key and it said it was in use.

=== ANSWER

Hi, to avoid this problem you can reactivate your license before upgrading to Windows 10.

TOOLS > LICENSING > DEACTIVATE LICENSE...

From the main menu.

if you have already upgraded to Windows 10, please email us the code (sales@libertystreet.com) you are using and we can deactivate it over the internet.

Once this is done, you will need to re-enter the code the next time you run CoinManage. After that, you should have no problems running CoinManage on your new Windows 10 environment.

• 4 weeks later...

After upgrading to windows 10 Pro, when I try to load coin manage 2015, I get this message _tmkdir failed. When I accept OK, I then get the message that Coin manage MDB file cannot be found. Also in trying to resolve the problem the CoinManage file location in search is found as a sub menu under the Brother file in Program Files (x86). I finally got my backed up MDB file loaded and was able to backup my current data. Now when I try to load CoinManage 2015, the tmkdir failed note appears and if I click on it twice the program opens. But after closing the program and restarting the same problem occurs.

Help.

agb1937Abellsouth.net

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2015 at 11:43 PM, agb1937 said:

After upgrading to windows 10 Pro, when I try to load coin manage 2015, I get this message _tmkdir failed. When I accept OK, I then get the message that Coin manage MDB file cannot be found. Also in trying to resolve the problem the CoinManage file location in search is found as a sub menu under the Brother file in Program Files (x86). I finally got my backed up MDB file loaded and was able to backup my current data. Now when I try to load CoinManage 2015, the tmkdir failed note appears and if I click on it twice the program opens. But after closing the program and restarting the same problem occurs.

Help.

agb1937Abellsouth.net

This seems unclear at best.

If you have an older version you won't be currently getting free values updates.  Owners of the current version get free updates.  You are free to use the older version of the software, it will never expire.  But you won't be able to download free updates.

Yes, I got that. Will my older version builds have any problems with the new version in September using Win 10 (especially since my version is 'old', even though I never got to use it in the first place). Answers to above asked questions weren't responded to in a timely fashion, leading folks to believe problems must exist. I want to know what poo I'm stepping in if upgrading in my current situation. Again, the questions asked above have not been answered.

Yes, some older versions will have problems in Windows 10,  If you try running CoinManage 2007 on Windows 10 I'm sure there will be issues.  Updating all of the previous versions of CoinManage since 1997 so that they work on Windows 10 is not feasible.  Virtually any other software company would tell you the same about previous versions of their software.

No, you would just install the upgrade over the current version.  It will import any data you have entered into a previous version.No, you would just install the upgrade over the current version.  It will import any data you have entered into a previous version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest ntwizard

I have this issue with both Coin Manage 2015 and 2017. Neither will activate as there is an error message "License in Use". I have sent over 5 requests to have my license key issues fixed and I was stupid enough to buy the 2017 upgrade an it has the exact same issue. When will Liberty Street Software fix this issue with this unreasonable method of "authenticating" ?

• 3 months later...
Guest garymoss

I was stupid also and bought a new version of 2017 only to have the same result of not accepting the activation code. This FREE may 2017 upgrade cost me $39.95.

Getting support from Liberty Street seems to be nonexistent.

• 3 years later...
Guest Sharon Conder
On 8/25/2016 at 2:03 PM, admin said:

Hi, you would upgrade when the new version comes out in September.

It's past September and it says my code is not valid. Please help.

conder.sc@gmail.com