Bullion Values & Regular values on reports

admin

=== QUESTION

I was looking to purchase your program and have been viewing many of your videos on YouTube, they are very helpful. I see where your software can list the bullion values or the current numismatic values.

Maybe I missed it but…

Can it show both values on any of the reports along with the price paid?

For example if I had some older half dollars that contained silver, maybe when they were entered into the collection the bullion value maybe was higher than the numismatic value… but perhaps at some point in time either because the coin may have increased in numismatic value or perhaps the bullion value has dropped that currently it has higher numismatic value.

So I would think it would be beneficial on some reports to see both values along with price paid if they all were available.

Also, on coins that contain perhaps several bullion values say silver and copper does it give the total bullion value or just say the silver?

=== ANSWER

I think the solution would be to have a new report variable called Coin.BullionValue that will show the bullion value of the coin, you can also then show the value. Currently, the software will assign the value of a coin to the bullion value if it is higher than the value for that grade.

• 2 months later...

I am personally ok with a report that shows the highest value only whether it be numismatic or bullion value.  But what I really need is a report that shows the total ounces of gold and silver in my collection.  I have the information added in each coin or bullion bar in my collection but it is frustrating that I cannot get a report that totals them up.  Instead I have to use a different coin inventory software program just to give me those figures. 

Am I the only one that wants to see the total ounces of gold and silver in my collection?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wish List: 

Output report using:  coins-detailed with precious metals content with totals.

Fields Displayed and sorted by:

Country, Denomination, year, type, Coin manage number, silver content (oz.), gold content (oz.), Cost, Current Value (either bullion value or numismatic whatever is higher),

Report Totals at end of report:

Fields Displayed:

Number of coins, Oz of Silver, Oz of gold, Total cost, Total Value

If this report could be generated by each collection using all of the coins in that collection that would be really great. 

• 6 months later...

Hi Paul,

I got the latest update but didn't see any reports that do the following.  Any chance you could create this type of report?

Output report using:  coins-detailed with precious metals content with totals.

Fields Displayed and sorted by:

Coin Manage ID#, Country, Denomination, year, type, Coin manage number, silver content (oz.), gold content (oz.), Cost, Current Value (either bullion value or numismatic whatever is higher),

Report Totals at end of report:

Fields Displayed for totals:

Number of coins, Oz of Silver, Oz of gold, Total cost, Total Value

If this report could be generated by each collection using all of the coins in that collection that would be really great. 

I think there are a few of us out there that could use this report. 

Jim