Home Manage Upgrade Recommendation

tahoewoods

I have been maintaining a home inventory for over 15 years, with the last 5 years using HomeManage. There is one area that would greatly enhance the product in my mind; Replacement Cost. It is currently a data input item. The problem I have is my file contains about 1/2 thousand line items and trying to maintain Replacement Cost over time on this many line items is impossible to perform manually. My recommendation is to add a feature that would allow the Replacement Cost to be calculated periodically at the discretion of the User. The ingredients for doing so exist in the data, with the exception of an inflation factor. The Purchase Date and the Original Cost exist in the file. Providing a feature that would allow the User to input an inflation factor (e.g 3%) and a procedure to apply that inflation factor to the Original Cost from the Purchase Date to the current date, with the result being stored in Replacement Cost would eliminate the problem of being unable to maintain Replacement Cost. I have accomplished such a result by exporting to EXCEL and writing the code to apply the inflation factor in order to justify insurance coverage; but, it is a rather arduous task

• 3 weeks later...