Back up data to internet fails

Guest Anthony R. Krusz

Guest Anthony R. Krusz

When I try to upload my database of my stamp inventory to the internet the program displays an error message icon with a whole page of code as follows?

ChilKatlog:

Putfie:

etc..................of code listings.

However, the local back up continues to work just fine. This is the first time that has happened. What is wrong?

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest DennisW

I just upgraded from CoinManage 2018 Deluxe to 2019 Deluxe. I tried backing up to the internet but it keeps hanging. See attached, it seems to always freeze up at this same spot. 

CoinManage save to internet1.jpg

16 hours ago, Guest DennisW said:

I just upgraded from CoinManage 2018 Deluxe to 2019 Deluxe. I tried backing up to the internet but it keeps hanging. See attached, it seems to always freeze up at this same spot. 

we will take a look and put in some error reporting to see what could be the issue here.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Guest DennisW said:

Any progress on finding a solution to the problem? It's still not working. This is why I paid $25 for the upgrade, what did I get for my money?

Do you have any sort of firewall which could be preventing an application from accessing the internet?

Guest DennisW

Not a firewall but I'm using Nord VPN, but I can access other sites just fine. I just tried it with Nord disabled and it still doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Guest DennisW

Well if you can't get the one feature working that I paid my $25 for, how can I get a refund? Throwing up your hands and saying "we don't know why it doesn't work" is not acceptable.

Guest DennisW

So I installed the latest update to my Coin Manage 2019 Deluxe last night and it seems the internet backup issue may now be resolved. While the program still seemed to hang (it said not responding within 10 seconds of starting the process) it did seem to be actually doing its thing while appearing to be unresponsive. I checked it an hour later and the program was responsive again so it seems the backup did indeed finish.

<sarcasm>Thanks for letting me know.</sarcasm>

7 hours ago, Guest DennisW said:

So I installed the latest update to my Coin Manage 2019 Deluxe last night and it seems the internet backup issue may now be resolved. While the program still seemed to hang (it said not responding within 10 seconds of starting the process) it did seem to be actually doing its thing while appearing to be unresponsive. I checked it an hour later and the program was responsive again so it seems the backup did indeed finish.

<sarcasm>Thanks for letting me know.</sarcasm>

How big is your data file?  Bigger files can take awhile to upload.  We will try to improve the progress indicator for these backups

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...