Resizing display windows/frames

Guest Craig

• 1 month later...

I have also had this problem for years.  I have not found any way to save things so I get the exact same Stampmanage display setup the next time I run the program.  I like to have the left side of my monitor show HipStamp and the right side show Stampmanage.  I set up Stampmanage so all items are positioned and sized to my liking. Things look and work great. I can easily see just what I might bid on and at the same time see what I already have.  Then I do something stupid like shutting the computer down for the evening and the next day I restart Stampmanage and it resets itself to some other configuration.  Sometimes, and I haven't figured out why, some of the things like stamp picture size stay as I had them.

It sure would be nice if someone, maybe even Stampmanage management, could come up with a solution to this problem.  Right now I don't know is there's a setting I haven't found or if there is no way to save positions or perhaps someone is working on a solution.  Help please!

• 1 month later...

:angry:

This is my #1 PET PEEVE with StampManage. There is NO way to save the screen layout! And it smacks you in the face each and every time you open the program. The default layout is dominated by the image of the first stamp in your collection and only lists 6 stamps in the "list" panel. This needs to be fixed!

:angry:

:(

OK, folks, this is very weird! The StampManage program WILL SAVE the column widths for each different Category of Collections.

I use StampManage USA 2018 and I have set the viewable columns (via Tools > Preferences > Columns) to be the same in each of the following Categories: Showing Collection, Showing Country, & Showing Category. So, the columns are the same in each of those categories, but I find that I can set the width of various columns in any of those categories differently and the program SAVES those column widths when I close the program! The next time I open the program, the column widths are just as I had set them in the previous session.

If the program will do this, why won't it save the size of the various panes on the main window? Perhaps the developer just has NOT taken the time to investigate this issue!

I hope I've described this condition properly. Does anyone else notice this? What say you?

• 4 months later...

Same here and I agree this needs to be addressed.  The stamp image takes up too much real estate on my 25" monitor. 

I have also noticed that on occasion (i.e., infrequent), if I move the vertical bar that separates the stamp image from the stamp info to the image's left, release the mouse button, then move the vertical bar again, that 'remnant' images of the stamp info remain.  It happened about 15 minutes ago, but I have since restarted StampManage and cannot repeat the issue.  I suspect I was doing something that made SM go a little wonky, but when I restarted SM and did not perform those same steps (whatever they were), the software righted itself.  Closing and re-opening SM is not the solution.

I just ran a report on my 'want list' and decided to see if the 'remnant' image issue reproduced itself.  It did.  The uploaded image is what I mean by 'remnant' issue.  You can see that as I move the vertical bar to the left, each time I stop and move it again, the stamp info image is messed up.  I am sure other steps than running a report could reproduce this issue.  If I close and reopen SM, the issue is gone, until I do something that might reproduce the issue.

I know this is not something we do all the time (resizing that window), but it is an indication of a problem.

Jim

image.png