Items within containers within rooms

Guest Karin

Guest Karin

I would like to be able to inventory items within containers within rooms. For instance, all the items in a jewelry box in my bedroom, or all items within a closet in my bedroom. Even better than that would be to nest those containers. For instance, I have a dresser with 6 drawers, and some drawers have boxes. So I would like to inventory the items in each box and be able to see the total value for each box, each drawer, for all contents in the dresser, as well as for the room itself.

Guest Sir Richard

I was thinking along the same lines.  You should be able to have sub categories in a room.  Then you should be able to move these sub categories to another room if needed.  I might inventory my tool box in my workshop.  But if I move the tool box to a garage the contents would move with it.  Or a glass cabinet full of collectibles.  My wife has moved this to three different rooms since we have been married. 

Exactly. I see that you can make another item a parent of the current item, but I don't see the benefit in doing that from a reporting standpoint. I mean, how does that give me any useful reporting information, like total cost of all items within the parent?

Guest Tim A

Totally agree I have asked for this to be added to a future release which I hope is soon upcoming-  Anyone know when the new version is coming out last I heard was the end of this month I hope that feature is there.