Update Issue

Guest Sprinks41

Guest Sprinks41

When I run the update feature, it says that there is a new version available. When attempting to download the new version, I am getting the following error message: "Error: Unable to download file. Could not open request" Is anyone else having problems with this or know of a solution?  Thanking you in advance.

• 1 month later...

Sprinks.  Am also having the same issue and am unable to correct it even removed my anti virus and changed permissions on all of my Coin manage and Temp folders to allow any one to make changes and still the same error.  I am at a loss as what to try next.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix.

Thank You

Mike

• 1 month later...

Ray,

I have received nothing back from Liberty  Street or on the forums in a month and after trying everything I could find on the forums about similar issues I was able to find via google  

I ended up doing exactly what I was trying to avoid. 

This worked for me but I am not suggesting it as a fix only telling what I did.

I ended up making sure I had my license key, a good data base backup, and the current copy of the installer (make sure they are store somewhere other than the coin Manage folder).

I totally uninstalled Coin manage, including deleting the folders  (again made sure I had the backup, keys and installer saved off).

I rebooted the computer and reran the installer (making sure to use the "run as administrator") option I allowed it to use all of the default settings did not change install directories or anything

Launched coin manage and applied the license key.

Imported my database backup

Ran the check for update option and it completed successfully.

I really am not happy that I had to do a full reinstall to get the update to take.  This makes the 3rd time since I have had Coin Manage that I have had to do this when the update is released.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Ray & MB,

Still have not been able to update my software. I have tried everything that I could think of and find info on with the exception of doing the complete re-install. Thank you MB for sharing that information. I am going to try doing that and will let you know how it goes. I am very disappointed in the tech support from Liberty Street. One of my biggest pet peeves is that a company wants to sell you their product and then are not willing not stand behind it or offer any help on issues that the consumers has. I am currently searching for a different coin collecting program to replace CoinManage.  Hopefully the re-install will work.