Feature Request

wchettel

I would like to be able to set "default" entries for ALL of the fields in the "Condition of Stamp" section of the Add Stamp(s) window. This feature change would significantly decrease the time spent adding stamps to my collection. You would, of course, keep the ability to click the drop-down to override the default.

Could this be added to the Tools / Preferences... dialog?

Another feature that I'd like to see is Gridlines in the list displays. Fine, light grey gridlines like those available in MS Excel spreadsheets would be nice. Often, because of row height and column width constraints, adjacent columns and rows of stamp data blend together and it makes reading the info difficult. I think adding gridlines would help separate adjacent data cells and make the program appear more "user-friendly".

Could this also be added to the Tools > Preferences... dialog?

Edited by wchettel
add question

Hi, so you would like to be able to bring up the ADD STAMP dialog with a condition already selected such as MINT-VF?

The 2nd request is something we have been meaning to do, set every other line to light yellow for easier reading.  Will try to add it in the next month or 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

1. Hi, so you would like to be able to bring up the ADD STAMP dialog with a condition already selected such as MINT-VF?

2. The 2nd request is something we have been meaning to do, set every other line to light yellow for easier reading.  Will try to add it in the next month or 2

Thanks for your reply!

1. Yes, as well as preselected conditions for the other items in Condition of Stamp such as Hinged, Centering, Cancel, and Gum. And, I would like to select these conditions via Prreferencesif possible!

2. Shading every other row light yellow will help break up the rows. Would you add vertical grid lines to break up the columns?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Jim P

Restarting my collection and just heard about StampManage.  Using the USA trial version and like what I see thus far.  I agree with wchettel that grid lines would be very helpful. Or as said by admin, every other row is light yellow.  But you still need vertical gridlines to distinguish the columns.  I think  how columns are defined (numeric, character) in the underlying database (Access?) dictates right-justification and left-justification of a column, which can make it harder to distinguish the column boundary when a right-justified column is next to a left-justified column without something like a gridline.  By the way, I do like being able to add/remove/move columns in each of the views (My Collection, United States, and General Issue).

Guest Jim P.

I've entered about 20-30 stamps into My Collection/United States/General Issue, with a bunch more to go, and many more if my brother ever sends me my old album.  Quite often when I am clicking around, maybe editing a stamp entry or two, or just getting used to the features, the photo associated with a stamp sometimes gets 'stuck' no matter which stamp I choose.  Can you add a 'refresh' of the database that might give it a kick in the pants and unstick the photo, if such a thing is possible?

• 2 years later...
On 5/1/2018 at 8:37 AM, admin said:

Hi, so you would like to be able to bring up the ADD STAMP dialog with a condition already selected such as MINT-VF?

The 2nd request is something we have been meaning to do, set every other line to light yellow for easier reading.  Will try to add it in the next month or 2

What is the status of this 3 year old feature request that you would try to add in a month or 2?

On 5/20/2021 at 2:57 AM, admin said:

We have put in light gray gridlines into the StampManage Database list a couple months back.  Will add them to the main display (along with some font improvements) for the next free update.

I'm currently using SM USA 2021. I do not see any gridlines. When is the next free update?