New Folder

jawo

Thank's  wchettel. Your solution worked, but now I got another problem related to the first one. How can I transfer the new sub folder from the Stamp Data Manager to the pane on the left side. I have Norway on the left side, and I want this new sub folder attached to the main folder, so if I click on Norway, I will see all the different subfolders attached to Norway. I am very grateful for the help I receive. Thank you.

Jawo, I have noticed several times that changes I make do not take effect until I exit StampManager and re-start it. Have you tried that? Also, maybe you need to add a stamp. Have you tried adding a stamp to your new category via the "Stamps" tab along the top of the Data Manager window? Good luck!

wchettel. Hi again. I tried you suggestions, but with no luck. I thought this should be an easy task, like a drag and drop as you can do with most programs.

Look at the picture. What I want to do is to move all the Australia sub categories from the right side to put them in the Australia folder on the left side. I also want to do that with Norway. I assume it will be possible to do this. To add more sub categories under the main category, or have I started something that is not possible in this program.

Have a nice evening

Stamp Manager.jpg

wchettel . The problem is solved. I deleted StampManage, and reinstalled the program, and did as you suggested and added a stamp.

Then the sub-group appeared on the pane on the left.

I had some trouble with last upgrade of the StampMange, but now it is OK

Thank you for helping me

Jawo, there is no need to drag or move folders (Categories) from the Data Manager to the Collections panel on the left. The StampManage database for the stamps includes all the info about the category that a stamp belongs in. When you add an Air Post stamp via the Add Stamp(s) dialog, an Air Post category (or folder as you call it) will appear in the Collections panel under the Country the stamp belongs to. The Collections panel on the left only shows the categories (or folders) which have had stamps added to them. Just start adding some stamps of varying categories and you'll see the category folders appear.

I suppose I misunderstood your original question. I thought that you were attempting to add a category for some special non-standard stamp item.

I hope this helps to clarify your "folder" questions. Also, I only collect USA Commemorative stamps, so I am using StampManage USA 2018. I do not see all of those countries that your screenshot showed, but it helped me to understand what you were attempting to do. I guess it's true that "a picture is worth a thousand words".

Wchettel,

Sorry I've expressed myself in a bad way. I am Norwegian and English is not my native language, and then there may be some problems for me to explain things, but you led me on  to the right track , and you gave me a  solution to what I thought was a problem and now it is  solved  .
Thank you so much for your help and patience with someone who does not quite know what he wants.
:)

3 hours ago, jawo said:

Wchettel,

Sorry I've expressed myself in a bad way. I am Norwegian and English is not my native language, and then there may be some problems for me to explain things, but you led me on  to the right track , and you gave me a  solution to what I thought was a problem and now it is  solved  .
Thank you so much for your help and patience with someone who does not quite know what he wants.
:)

Jawo, no offense taken. You did an adequate job explaining your question. I just misunderstood your intent. The screenshot got me back on the right track. I'm glad you got it worked out.