Feature request: allow sizing the font used to display assets within the app (not referencing reports)

dealio

With the large screens that are affordable and available now, the size of the font in the application is difficult to read (for example on 4K monitors). This request is to allow users to manually choose font size of the screen text elements in the UI and to allow dialog box re-sizing of special popups like the Preferences, Item Properties and Add Items dialog boxes. This will ease or eliminate eye strain on higher DPI monitors.

• 1 year later...

Please fix this issue for we who have hi res monitors.  The font is microscopic to read in the main stamp manage window.  When I click "add stamp", then the pop-up window shows very large print, and that window is not resizable.   This is very frustrating as I am building my inventory in Stamp Manage.  The eye strain is a real issue.  It is similar to trying to read a size 6 font!  Please let me know if anyone has found a solution for this.  Thanks.

After reading some similar posts, I did the following to make a usable display:  Change monitor resolution from 3840 x 2160 to 1920x1080, and change size of text from 175% to 125%.  I also changed how My Collection columns display, using tools > Preferences > Columns, to reorder the columns and put the most meaningful to the left side and delete unused columns.  This is a work-around for me at this point and look forward to not needing to do this in the future.

• 10 months later...

I agree.  The font sizes seem inconsistent on the home page of the program.  The font size used in the asset window is especially hard to read, even on a 27" HD screen.  I love everything else about the program, though.

EDIT:  I see in other posts why it is this way.  You can change the font size of the asset window under Tools>Preferences.  At the very bottom you see FONT.  Changing it requires a restart of the program.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 2:07 PM, Lonestar10 said:

EDIT:  I see in other posts why it is this way.  You can change the font size of the asset window under Tools>Preferences.  At the very bottom you see FONT.  Changing it requires a restart of the program.

The Font setting you mention only affects lists displayed in the app...it does not affect the size of the menu text, dialog box text or the main screen HTML window pane, which has a summary of the information for the selected item. All of these other UI (user interface) elements are painfully small to read on 4K monitors and they are not adjustable.

• 2 weeks later...