Bug: Duplicate user-defined fields in Preferences dialog Field Names tab

dealio

I opened the Preferences dialog box (Tools>Preferences) and went to the Field Names tab to check on some fields I had added some time ago. While there, I noticed something odd. There are duplicate entries for some (many) text fields. The duplicate names are in the "Property" column, not the "Value" column. For example, I found 2 rows each for these fields:

• User Field 10 (both of these have the exact same entries in the Value field - a value I entered)
  • User Field 11 (one of the duplicate rows has an entry in the Value column that I entered; the other is blank)
  • User Field 12 (one of the duplicate rows has an entry in the Value column that I entered; the other is blank)
  • and User Fields 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 (one of the duplicate rows has an entry in the Value column that I entered; the other is blank)

Even odder, there were no duplicate fields for any User Fields higher than User Field 12. I also noticed that all of the duplicate fields except 10 have one Value entry that I entered and the other is blank; see the attached picture for examples. The fields are also not sorted by number -- as you can see in the picture, User Field 2 comes after User Field 19. It looks like they're sorted like text. The sorting is not a critical matter, just an oddity.

David

Dupes.PNG

• 1 year later...