Problem posting same Scott # for 2 different formats

Doowoppop

When I am posting two different formats for the same Scott #, I run into problems with trying to edit the variety information page (right click and select when in the Inventory for Volumes).  An example is Scott # 2559; I have the Block of 10 as well as the Pane of 20.  When I try to add one or the other and edit the Inventory for variety page, the same description of one ends up being that of the other (format, that is),.  When I go to correct the duplication of one format's info, it changes onto the other format's info.  I realize this sounds crazy and must be very hard to follow, however, I can't think of any other way to describe the problem.   I was under the impression that when entering a format, the variety info is specific for that Scott #, format.  I just can't seem to enter 2 different formats with the same Scott #....why not?  Thanks for any and all feedback, that is, if you follow my train of thought!!!

Hi, are you doing this in the STAMP DATABASE MANAGER?  You should not enter new variety info, just enter 2 new stamps to your collection using the ADD STAMP command.

SCOTT #2559, set the format as BLOCK of 10, hit the APPLY button to record the input....then enter a 2nd SCOTT 2559, set the format as PANE OF 20.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:00 AM, admin said:

Hi, are you doing this in the STAMP DATABASE MANAGER?  You should not enter new variety info, just enter 2 new stamps to your collection using the ADD STAMP command.

SCOTT #2559, set the format as BLOCK of 10, hit the APPLY button to record the input....then enter a 2nd SCOTT 2559, set the format as PANE OF 20.

What the Admin says works perfectly! I do this quite often.

My initial question is under the topic Values. (please read).  I saw this post and  I think it relating to the problems I am having with Values because of how I entered my stamps.

I did make new Categories in the Stamp Manager. The reasoning was all specific type of items would be all together. Better reporting details I believed.  But It will not list my format with the values.  When I start a new sub directory examples First Day Covers - I do not use my First day cover picture as it seem to replace the picture in Regular Issue.  

Help would be appreciated. 

PrtScn-Catag.png.bb4156d05f97a01f76fee32c4d526d15.png 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:47 PM, Sharon said:

My initial question is under the topic Values. (please read).  I saw this post and  I think it relating to the problems I am having with Values because of how I entered my stamps.

I did make new Categories in the Stamp Manager. The reasoning was all specific type of items would be all together. Better reporting details I believed.  But It will not list my format with the values.  When I start a new sub directory examples First Day Covers - I do not use my First day cover picture as it seem to replace the picture in Regular Issue.  

Help would be appreciated. 

Hi, for each country there is 1 image per scott number. 

So lets say you have USA SCOTT number 89 in the GENERAL ISSUES.

then  add a USA FDC sub category and put in a FDC variety with the field SCOTT # 89

there will be problems as the program can only have 1 image per SCOTT number for each country.