admin

Importing From Home Inventory Pro

we are getting this type of question often lately:

==== QUESTION ====

Is it possible to import a Home Inventory Pro 2001 back-up file by Radium Technologies  into Home Manager?  I recently purchased a new PC and attempted to migrate my inventory in Home Inventory Pro 2011 into my new PC and found I was prevented form doing so as it appears Radium Technologies is no longer in business.  I have a large inventory that took years to document  and I am trying to avoid re-doing my inventory line item by line item.  I am evaluating the Free Trial version of Home Manager.

=== ANSWER ====

If you are able to export the Home Inventory Pro 2011 data to CSV format it can be imported into HomeManage using the FILE > IMPORT command from the main menu.  If anyone wishes to email us a CSV file from Home Inventory Pro we can do a video on how to import this data and maybe make some changes to the import if necessary to simplify the process.

Guest Joe

I am one of those inquiring about importing a backup file from Home Inventory Pro 2011.  Radium Technologies folded and left customers high and dry.  Can you provide a video and the capability to import Home Inventory Po 2011 back-up files?  If so, this would definitely convince me to purchase you HomeManage product and avoid having to start over on my inventory of thousand of books, CDs, Blu Ray Discs that too me 5 years to complete.

Guest Ken

I also have the Home Inventory Pro 2011 (HIP) with many years of input data. The software does run without issues but I am looking to replace it in the near future since support and upgrade have stopped. However, re-entering all the data is just too time consuming. If I am correct, I am not the only one that has the import and export issues with Home Inventory Pro 2011. If your company can create a special import module for HIP, I am sure you will win over many existing HIP owners and I will be one of them.

Guest RICKSHAW

I HAVE A SOMEWHAT SIMILAR PROBLEM.  I HAVE HAD TO DO A WINDOWS RESET AFTER APPARENT RANSOMWARE INCIDENT.  I WAS ABLE TO RELOAD THE HOME INVENTORY PRO SOFTWARE BUT NOT ACTIVATE IT TO USE THE PROGRAM.  I HAVE A BACKUP COPY OF THE DATA ON A JUMP DRIVE; IS THERE A WAY TO CONVERT THAT DATA TO THE ".CSV" FORMAT SO IT CAN BE IMPORTED INTO YOUR PROGRAM? I AM IN THE SAME SITUATION AS THE POSTER OF THE INITIAL QUESTION; I HAVE ABOUT FIVE YEARS OF ENTERED ITEMS / DATA THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SAVE AND USE.  THANK YOU.

Guest RICKSHAW

I think that there are more than a few people who are stuck in this situation.  I know it is  not your company's responsibility but I am pretty sure in today's computing environment that there would be programmers or white hat hackers who would know how to deal with this issue.  I do not know how many original purchasers there would be of the HOME INVENTORY PRO 2011 program but i am pretty sure they would be willing to pay some reasonable fee to someone at your company to provide some solution to this problem.  You would as well gain, I am pretty sure, numerous previous users for whom, it appears, there are not many similar alternatives in the software market; your product and perhaps one freeware product that looks somewhat similar.  Is there someone at your company that could be contacted to see if we could find / advance a solution for this.  Thank you.

Guest Home Inventory Pro 2011

Home Inventory Pro 2011 - Same situation, Windows 10 reset and after reinstalling Home Inventory Pro 2011, could not register my license key.  If you have a backup though of your C:\ProgramData\Radium Technologies, try to restore just this folder and all subdirectories and overwrite the existing folders.  Then launch program and Import from backup. I was surprised this actually worked. I was also lucky to have created a local backup using Easeus.com to-do Free backup utility and mount my backup to recover the folder.

I then proceeded to check the various export options and unfortunately, they do not allow for a CSV export and the Export within has the extension (*.hixz) but I could not open it.

I was able to Export the inventory Report to PDF, then use a PDF converter to convert it to EXCEL. With Some cleanup, I should be able to export it as a CSV.  According to Tech support, I may be able to then import this into their system.... Inventory Type is a header though, so I assume I many need to do more separation into rows.  

steve evans

sesol1@optonline.net

Guest RICKSHAW

For Mr. EVANS:

i understand most of what you posted but i dont understand how you can "launch the program and import from backup"; when i start my program it asks me to register the program before going any further as my "30 day trial has expired"; of course i cant register the program so i cant go any further.  How did you get around not registering your licence key? I have a backup data file on a jump drive. I had to so windows 10 reset also and reloaded the program after that.  A little confused about how you launch the program when you cant do the licence registration key process to get to the actual program; thanks for any information that would clarify.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.