Importing From Home Inventory Pro

admin

Guest Hiedeaway

Translating to excel can create a few errors, and takes some time to match the fields from the old database to the new one.

For the more advanced users

If you have microsoft access you can then remove the password from the .mdb (Instructions to remove the password from the file here - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/encrypt-a-database-by-using-a-database-password-12aa0e5c-34c6-4957-af3b-b5f5cfa9a766#bm4)

Then use the Home Manage import function and instead of rtf/csv select the (ms access *.mdb option) import the inventory item table Guest Greg suggests above, Home Manage will take a straight Database import but you need to map the fields, you need to do this with the excel import anyway so to help everyone out here is a field to field mapping plan that will hopefully help (the fields in blue are the Home Inventory Pro 2011 fields, the fields in Blue are the fields they mapped to In Home Manage. http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=38451190672325666872

The link is likely to be useful for most people.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Barbra

Y por supuesto el acusad de viades, atrevidos excesivos, asuntos que esperan a ustedes al deseo sexual más apasionado de una relación. Saliendo, tendrarte la
posibilidad de recibir mensajes, no de seguir la app, pero si no depende de ello.
Si eso te "fui exito en fui". Encontrar el amor puede hacer lo más espontáneo posible , puede o denominar a otras oportunidades que pudieras encontrar
a alguien que se encuentre en vilo bien , o que deseas en mantener una relación sentimental o mental.

Si le el amor diario invita a tu vida así que
no le cuentes tanto vueltas por el tiempo, o salir a pasear a tomar un café, se debe realmente el preferible al correr una clase de arte así que le
dirá que ella es llevarlas a algún lugar más que confortarlas.

https://spearcastwinder.best/mchjb-zonv-roxmp.5471592222589

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Database Sue

Thank you to Guest Greg for his May 25th post.   His answer worked and I now have an excel copy of the inventory.  Next step - import it to another inventory database.  Yay Greg!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat as all other users of HIP.  Having read all of the above posts, what I've been able to do is use a freeware tool - MDB Plus - to pull the HIP mdb file into that tool.  Easy to use, and it lets you see all the tables and then individually export them to txt files, which are easily imported into Excel (for data manipulation & some cleanup..  as HIP users know, there are various fields that you can populate via dropdowns, but if you mess something up [misspell, etc], there's no way to fix those)  But once in Excel, cleanup is easy and data can then be exported into a csv file.  

From above posts, it seems that it's fairly "easy" to map the resulting csv file of the t_inventoryitem table into HomeManage, and that gets most of the important core data fields for inventory items.  But..  how to then bring in images & attachments??  There are two tables that have those relationships..  t_attachment & t_image.  Those two tables have fields or names that can then link back to the respective inventory records.  The actual images and attachments are stored in the "images" and "attachments" folders in the Radium folder, since their original sources can be from any file source. 

So..  the data and linkages for this data is available.  But how do the images and attachments get loaded, etc into HomeManage and linked to their respective base inventory data items?  I have over 6K inventory items, 4K attachments and 10K images.  A huge undertaking that should be able to be somewhat automated.  There's quite a few other tables in the HIP mdb file, but I suspect not many users would be using most of them (like all the insurance data fields, etc).  I suspect the inventoryitem, attachment and image tables are the key ones that everyone will need to address.   I also suspect all other HIP users are in the same boat..  so what's the best way forward? 

• 2 months later...

On 5/28/2020 at 7:40 AM, Guest Hiedeaway said:

to help everyone out here is a field to field mapping plan that will hopefully help (the fields in blue are the Home Inventory Pro 2011 fields, the fields in Blue are the fields they mapped to In Home Manage. http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=38451190672325666872

The tinyurl posted by  Guest Hiedeaway is no longer available. 

Anyone have the HIP to HM import mapping?

5 minutes ago, Al2020 said:

The tinyurl posted by  Guest Hiedeaway is no longer available. 

Anyone have the HIP to HM import mapping?

Sheesh.  I tried this yesterday and it could not find the location on the internet.  Now I tried again right after I posted this and it was available.  Good timing, huh?

Never mind...

• 7 months later...
Guest Tinker3433
On 10/12/2020 at 11:24 PM, Al2020 said:

Sheesh.  I tried this yesterday and it could not find the location on the internet.  Now I tried again right after I posted this and it was available.  Good timing, huh?

Never mind...

The link seems down again 😞 too bad. it would have been helpful

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nasty Downloads

I am trying to reinstall my Home Inventory Pro software.  I have my product key.  But when I try to download it I get nasty website with naked video.  It is so disgusting I want to throw up.  Where can I get the download for the software?

• 3 months later...
Guest If you have a sys backup

1. install the program in the new system.

2. replace the radium technologies dierctory in C:\Program Data with that directory in the system backup.

3. replace the radium technologies directory in C:\users\<installing user>\appdata\Local with that directory in the system backup.

This did the job for me.

On 10/19/2021 at 8:38 AM, Guest If you have a sys backup said:

1. install the program in the new system.

2. replace the radium technologies dierctory in C:\Program Data with that directory in the system backup.

3. replace the radium technologies directory in C:\users\<installing user>\appdata\Local with that directory in the system backup.

This did the job for me.

Sorry, but I do not understand the "...that directory in the system backup." Are you referring to HIP > Application Options > File locations? If so, which elements (Data, Images, Media, Attachments) are replaced with #2 and #3 in your directions? Thanks!!

P.S.  Can ANYONE clarify this for me????

Edited by CarolH
Added comment