Software Solution for Apple Computers and Coin Manage

Jedwardmiller

I use a MacBook Pro and also own a Windows-based laptop. I would use the Windows-based computer simply to use Coin Manage. That was the only reason I had for using that specific computer.  In researching possible solutions for using Coin Manage on an Apple OS, I came across Parallels, a program designed to use Windows-Based software in an Apple OS. I paid and downloaded Parallels (https://www.parallels.com) and installed it on my MacBook. Parallels Desktop is the specific software I use (https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/). The link takes you to the software description page.The cost was $80 and well worth the small investment. However, you will also need a license for the latest version of Windows to install while in Parallels Desktop. Rather than trying to locate a software license that I haven't seen in years, I ventured to BestBuy and purchased one. That was around $100. 

The description on Parallels website reads:

Seamless

Use Windows side by side with macOS® (no restarting required) on your MacBook®, MacBook Pro®, iMac®, iMac Pro®, Mac mini®, or Mac Pro®. Share files and folders, copy and paste images and text and drag and drop files between Mac and Windows applications.

Easy Setup

Parallels Desktop automatically detects what you need to get started so you're up and going within minutes. If you need Windows, you’ll be prompted to download and install Windows 10 or choose your existing Windows, Linux, Ubuntu, or Boot Camp® installation.

Lightning Fast

Graphic and resource-hungry Windows applications run effortlessly without slowing down your Mac. Run the most demanding applications such as Adobe® Photoshop®, Visual Studio®, or SketchUp®.

Choose Your View

Make Windows invisible while still using its applications in Coherence mode. If you’re new to Mac, you can set Windows to occupy your entire screen, so it looks just like it would if you were using a Windows PC.

For less than $200, I am able to use Coin Manage within Windows on my MacBook. It was a small price to pay to keep track of my coin investments. 

Happy Hunting

Ed

Edited by Jedwardmiller
Correct Spelling