Add fields to 'Search for Text' window

Ahmed Moustafa

• 5 years later...

I have the same issue and question. I am assigning unique physical inventory serial numbers (which I generate off-line) as text in the 'Additional Info' tab's 'User Field 1' of each of my coins in my database. In effect I'm serializing each of my coins and physically attaching labels on their storage packaging within the cabinet where I store the collection. So later when I'm visually examining each physical coin, and need to bring up the database record for that specific coin, I can search for it using its labeled serial text code. Sometimes I want to search for a list (or set) of specific coins via their serial code, so having the ability to enter a search term that indicates 'find this list of coins and bring their records up in the search find window' is my objective. Currently I only seem to be able to search for a group of coins which share a common exact sub-string in their serial code, or else a single specific coin. As Ahmed has requested, it would be nice to be able to enter a search term: possibly a standard regular expression or some similar query term with range expression and/or logical clauses. I've noticed the hint text displayed by default within the Search phrase text entry control indicates something to the effect of 'Enter Search term phrase', so is this already possible? So far I've found no mention of it in the help documentation.