Attempted to check for updates, instead it did a new install and my collection was wiped out

Guest Carl Terry

Guest Carl Terry

I have completely lost my database when I was checking for new updates. It appears to have done a new install. I recently exported the entire file to Excel. Can I import the excel file to recreate my Stamp Collection?

Guest Al G.

One important aspect is to know the actual location of your stampsdata.mdb file and keep a copy elsewhere.  

If you did a new install, it could have changed the locatopm from the original install so may just need to find original \StampManage\ location. 

This is where StampManage stores my file.

image.png.29b5f31a1978503484588498d90b2fa8.png

18 hours ago, Guest Carl Terry said:

I have completely lost my database when I was checking for new updates. It appears to have done a new install. I recently exported the entire file to Excel. Can I import the excel file to recreate my Stamp Collection?

Can you search your hard drive for the file STAMPDATA.MDB.  Do you see another copy In another folder?  What often happens is the customers old data is in another folder

You can change your Data folder setting in the PREFERENCES  to the folder containing the other STAMPDATA.MDB.  Then EXIT and restart STAMPMANAGE.

we often do this for customers via remote control, if you still have issues click on the LIVE SUPPORT ONLINE button at our CONTACT page later this afternoon