Vertical images change to horizontal

Guest BSI

Guest BSI

I am trying out the 2020 trial version.  Any image I add is shown in horizontal orientation even if the original is vertical.  I edit it and rotate the image to vertical and save.  However, nothing changes in the database: the image is still shown as horizontal.  How can I get a vertical image to be displayed in vertical orientation?

Hi, are these images coming from a phone?  if so, can you email an image that is not working correctly to us and we will test with it to see what the problem is.  WKindly email to: techsupport@libertystreet.com

Guest BSI

Thanks for your reply.  The images are not from a phone.  They were downloaded from a camera to the hard disk.  Clicking "Add Image" brings up a window where I can choose the image I want to add.  Horizontal images remain horizontal, but vertical images are rotated Left 90o.  This is a minor problem IF they can be edited to be vertical. 

Double clicking on an image, brings up another screen with the image.  One of the menu options is to rotate Right 90o.  The image on this screen is now vertical.  There doesn't seem to be any way to save this to the database where the image remains horizontal.

Right clicking on the image brings up an editing screen.  Here again the image can be rotated, but this action is not saved to the database.

There is no reason to have a photo editor if it doesn't affect the images in the database, so I must be missing something.  What should I be doing?