Backup Attachments

Guest RichardHD

Guest RichardHD

Is there any way to backup the attachments (PDF's, Word Docs etc) within the Backup process. I have created a sub-folder i(attachments) n the HomeManager general folder, to store receipts, warranty docs etc, however this is not included in the automated backed up routine

• 2 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, admin said:

currently there is no way to backup.  But we will probably add the option to specify an attachments folder.

This folder will be backed up along with the data file and images.

This feature will probably be in the 2021 edition out late this year.

This is great news, and I'm looking forward to this feature. Once it's here, that means I'll need to move all my attachments to the new Attachment folder. And that means that I'll need to manually edit hundreds of item records in HomeManage to tell it where the attachments were moved to. That will take hours of manual and tedious effort. Will you also provide a way to automate this process?

TIA

David

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
4 hours ago, dealio said:

Apparently not yet. I have the 22.0.0.8 (2022) version and there is no option to save an attachments folder that I can see.

The attachment backup feature will be in the upcoming 2023 version.  Will be ready in the next month or 2.

• 5 months later...