Unable to Delete Manufacturer

admin

=== QUESTION

I am having a problem with the deleting errors in the "Manufacturer" list. I click on Manufacturer under the View, which brings up the entire list of them. I then click on the one that is spelled wrong, or a duplicate, etc. and then either right click and click "Delete" or after highlighting click on the Delete icon on the menu bar, asks for confirmation to which I click the "Yes" button, then I get another box with a question mark icon and another "Yes" and "No" boxes. I click on the "Yes" button and the box goes away but the manufacturer I chose for deletion remains in place.

As a test I tried this same procedure on the "Dealers" list and it works just fine.

What do I need to do or change so I can delete the mistakes listed under "Manufacturer"?

=== ANSWER

Hi, is it possible that you have an asset that has the manufacturer you wish to delete assigned? If so, the program will not delete the manufacturer until you edit the asset and change the manufacturer.