Stamp Manage Prefs & Option Settings

Frask

Hello All,

I have a couple of "Can I do this & if so, how?" questions.

1. On the General Tab, in the 'Add Stamp' > 'Value' window, is it possible to hide everything except FDC?
  2. On the Additional Info tab, in the Postmark window, how can I make it remember the previous entries for these 3 fields? IE: if I have a qty of cachets all postmarked in a city, it would be nice if it autofilled as I was typing a previously entered City, State, Zip, Date, Etc.

Thanks for getting back with me, I appreciate it.

I would like to throw in another thought on Item 2 if I may...

• What exactly is the "Type" field for? I interpret that to be the same as on the General tab, Condition of Stamp, Cancel field, (Avg, Fancy, Heavy, Light, Pre, etc). I am pretty new to this, so I am probably missing something....
  • I would like to suggest that instead of just "City", that it was broken down to 3 fields, City, State, Zip. Filling in City & State would offer suggested zips, or filling in zip would autopopulate City & State.
  • As far as the Postmarks, Date field, i would suggest that it work like the Purchase or Sold date fields, (Dropdown calendar selection).

Just a couple of thoughts for you,

Rod

Hi, well we already added your suggestion for the autofilled postmark type and city for the upcoming 2015 version.. For better explanation of types of Postmarks, check out this presentation:

http://www.hamiltonphilatelic.org/presentations/postmarks.pdf

breaking down the postmark city is a good idea, Im not sure if we can make it into 2015.

We will try to implement the postmark date as suggested. The problem with a dropdown calendar though is that is usually used to pick recent dates. With old postmarks its a pain to pick it from a popup calendar.