No login page to enter AssetManage

yemide

I am evaluating your software for a client that will like to have an asset management solution, but to my surprise there is no login page for both the standard and the enterprise. I was thinking there will be a login page to reduce anybody from just getting access to the program and also to put some form of control and features like an audit trail to know who did what.

Please enlighten me more on this and respond quickly because a decision has to be made like yesterday.

Thank you.

I am evaluating your software for a client that will like to have an asset management solution, but to my surprise there is no login page for both the standard and the enterprise. I was thinking there will be a login page to reduce anybody from just getting access to the program and also to put some form of control and features like an audit trail to know who did what.

Please enlighten me more on this and respond quickly because a decision has to be made like yesterday.

Thank you.

Hi, we are hard at work on a user permissions feature that would be based on the Active Directory. The program could populate the list of employees from the Active Directory and would use the same sign-on info as the Active Directory. Additional permissions specifice to AssetManage would be stored so you could specify who can do what within the software.

This feature will be a free upgrade to any users of the latest current version of AssetManage Standard or Enterprise. Please let me know if this will work for you, comments from other users are also welcomed.

• 2 weeks later...

First let me say I'm impressed about your response time, as I was not expecting a reply so soon if not I would have responded earlier than this. It will be helpful and great also to have such functionality. But what about people who are not employing the use of AD (active directory) just ordinary workgroup network, how will they be able to use this feature.

Thank you.

Hello, I am awaiting your response.

Thank you.

Sorry we forgot to subscribe to this thread, by the way.subscribe to threads or follow a forum to be notified when a new topic is created or a reply is made.

We are going to start by adding the permissions to Active Directory, we have also had several requests to read the Employees into the program by importing them from Active Directory, so we will implement this as well.

After this is done we can look at a permissions system that has the same interface but stores the permissions in a table within the program database.

• 3 years later...