UDF's & Math Formulas

Frask

Can you do complex formulas in the UDF's?

I keep a separate MS Excel workbook to track some data & I want to try & calculate that data within SM.

Here is a sample from my workbook https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I like to see what percentage of SCV I paid for items & also calculate auction starting price at 40% of SCV.

Lets say I bought 10 stamps from EBay for $10 total, (I could just say I paid $1 each, but that doesn't show me any good deals, whereas the % of SCV paid will), first I put the total paid in cell G2 (I was thinking UDF #1 in SM for this), then I fill in Scott #'s & SCV in col A & B. the workbook totals the B col & sticks it in G1.

Col C auto-populates using " SCV / Col B SUM " ( Cell B# / G1 )

Col D auto-populates using " % of SCV * Total Paid " ( Cell C# * G2 )

Col E auto-populates using ( B# - ( B# * 40% ))

More or less I just want to know if (& how) to assign a manual total of an invoice to UDF #1 & see UDF #2 populate the % of SCV Paid & UDF #3 show the 40% of SCV I use for Auction prices.

I hope all this makes sense, I don't really understand the math, my father-in-law showed me the formula & he has been using it for 20-25 years now.

Can you do complex formulas in the UDF's?

I hope all this makes sense, I don't really understand the math, my father-in-law showed me the formula & he has been using it for 20-25 years now.

Hi, you can't do formulas in User defined fields. However, the report designer has support for many math functions and you could create a calculated field that would be based on your formula. I would recommend you take a long read of the functions found in the Report Designer User Guide. You can find this guide in PDF format in the folder where you installed StampManage.

You can also open it from within the program, see the Report Designer Guide menu option under the HELP menu.

Okay, Thanks, I will look into that.

I also wanted to say thanks for incorporating the drop-down Postmark City as I suggested, but I have a question about that...

Where can I go to edit that list? I have made some typos & such, so have near duplicate entries that I would like to delete.

I have opened the "StampData.mdb" file with MS Access, but cannot find the table containing that data.

Thanks again,

Rod

Okay, Thanks, I will look into that.

I also wanted to say thanks for incorporating the drop-down Postmark City as I suggested, but I have a question about that...

Where can I go to edit that list? I have made some typos & such, so have near duplicate entries that I would like to delete.

I have opened the "StampData.mdb" file with MS Access, but cannot find the table containing that data.

Thanks again,

Rod

The PostMark City list is generated when you start the program. You would need to edit the stamp that has the mis-spelled postmark city and correct it. The mis-spelled item should not appear the next time you run the program.

Enumerate the :"Postmark City" section in the View tab to find the mis-spelled items. (see attached image)

post-1-0-17103500-1426038907_thumb.jpg