Stampmanage 2015 stock photos will not display

rlknight44

I ordered the 2015 DVD(because of the problems I had with 2014) and then downloaded the 2015 Program with the 2014 still installed. The stock images that had been there before did not all display(about 50%). All of my scanned images displayed correctly. The search field feature still only works with quotes around the number.

When the DVD arrived I uninstalled the 2014 and 2015 Stampmanage and reinstalled with the DVD and NONE of the stock images will display now. What Can I do to fix this problem. I still have Windows XP and the previous years(2009 thru 2013) worked correctly. The problems started with the 2014 issue.

There are 915 folders plus one marked "Andrews" with stamps in them. Some have a few stamps and others have a lot. I randomly opened about 10 and some had as few as 5 and others as many as 130.

There are also 2 "image not available" jpegs which do display when no image displays(one is marked 'for demo'). There is one "Stamp not found..." jpeg. There are about 56 empty folders. This does not appear to be enough folders to have 150,000+ images. I hope you can get it running correctly because when it works it is great.

can you simply try to install the software again

make sure during the install that on the screen where you can specify where StampManage images to be installed, that it is set to this same folder?

please not we have a reduced size demo that only contains images for USA and Canada. I don't think that is the issue in your case.

• 2 months later...

Sorry about the long delay so I will try to keep it short.  After several uninstall and re-installs I reinstalled it over the existing installation that did not work correctly and it functioned almost 100%.  I backed everything up and bought a new computer with windows 10 and installed it on it(Acer) and it worked correctly but within a few days the computer malfunctioned and Acer customer service was less than satisfactory so I took it back and got a Lenovo. I installed the software on the new computer yesterday  and got an error message upon boot-up that I did not receive on the Acer.  It is; {The Microsoft jet database cannot open the file "C:\program files (x86)\StampManage\Data\STAMPDATA.MDB.'  It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.}

A list of possible fixes followed.  It is not a "read only" file, it is not locked.  I also installed it under "This PC" in the document file in addition to it being in the StampManage folder in the DATA folder.

I do have Apache Open Office instead of Microsoft Office but this should not be a problem should it?  I just found another file in One Drive by selecting the "NO" option and looking for it in another file.  It selected a file called "This PC\windows (C:)\USERS\rlkni\documents and the program loaded but not all of the sub categories in the "United States" Display properly.

"Air Mail" starts at C126 then C125a then C1 and now is working correctly after looking at the other listings which displayed correctly(Special Delivery, Special Handling, Semi-Postal, Postage Due.  That makes no sense.

None of my images appear in the listings.

This windows 10 with the files in multiple places is driving me nuts.

1/19/2016 5:33  I just found(while trying to understand/learn) that when StampManage is loaded, there is an LDB file that is read only and cannot be deleted.  It disappears when I close StampManage.  I did manage to move the COLLECTION STAMP IMAGES into the correct folder and that all works now.

The program will not copy and paste an image from a scan I have made into the data base.  It goes through straightening and cropping but the copy and paste does not function at.  This is the only problem I now have. The original problem was with XP I guess and the new computer appears to be the fix.

Please advise on this new problem.  Thanks.

AFTER READING THROUGH OTHER POSTS AND THE PRINTED 2014 GUIDE I RAN ACROSS THE "Run as Administrator" REFERENCE TO WINDOWS 10.  DID THE RIGHT CLICK, SELECTED "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" AND NOW THE PICTURES ARE BEING PASTED(ADDED) TO MY COLLECTION IMAGES.  THIS PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

A new problem cropped up.  When I tried to activate the program on the new computer it says it is already in use.  I forgot to de-activate the 2nd program on the new computer that I returned when I got this one.  Can you fix this?  the code is 2X8B-THMH-3ET5-REE5-Q79M-EKMA-AETA and is only on one computer now.

Thanks.

Edited by rlknight44
Additional info I found