excel export

Guest cs120

hello,

how do i export to excel all the coins in the collection?  for example a excel file that shows:

id, denomination, type, year, MM, variety, grade, qty, amount paid, current value

thanks.

Here's how I've done it, highlight "My Collection" on the left, then right click and choose "Output Report Using...". Then choose "Coins by Collection" report, then in the dialog box that come up about the print options choose and then in the drop-down list that you can direct to -- choose Microsoft Excel Format. Then you'll get an Excel file that you can tweak and format. In the reports menu you can also choose "Create a Collection Report" and then just direct the print options to Microsoft Excel Format. I do this frequently to have a workbook for my collection.

Paul

• 1 month later...

Hi, yes the best way to export any data to Excel is to use the reporting,  specify Microsoft Excel as the output destination from the dropdown.

if a report does not have the info you need exported, you can change an existing report to add the additional fields, before running the report.