How to tell what changed between software versions

My New Name

How can I tell what was changed between any version of HomeManage, such as between 17.0.0.23 and 17.0.0.27?  I want to know before I upgrade to a newer version.  That way I can look out for issues in those areas, or start using a new feature, or stop using a work-around because a problem has been fixed.  I would hate to upgrade and not know what was changed and suddenly my inventory is corrupt and I've lost days of work.

Hi, we will start putting the changes made in the WHATS NEW section of the documentation.   Always do local/internet backup before downloading a new version.  We don't change the data file structure often, when we do we spend quite a bit of time making sure a new version will update the database format when you first run it.

• 2 weeks later...

I share Douglas' wish to see what updates / changes have been added before actually downloading and installing the upgrade.

Ideally (and as other software authors have done), a Revision History or What's New document could be posted on your web site or as a sticky forum post in this support forum that always appears at the top of the topic list in a topic called What's New or Revision History.

Ideally the revision history will show a reverse chronological order (most recent at top) listing of the version numbers, release dates, and what enhancements, new features, and bug fixes were implemented in each version release.

Here's a good example of the type of version history I would like to see for Liberty Street Software products:

http://www.vso-software.fr/products/dvd-converter/history.php

This version history even includes a download link for the specific software version so you can immediately download the current version (or past versions).

Just my two cents.

Thanks!

Sailor Guy

• 9 months later...

Its an interesting marketing strategy to charge for an upgrade which corrects many bugs (for bugs, read software which should do certain things but contains coding  errors so it doesn't!).

I have been upgrading to the latest versions for a few years and whilst some bugs are corrected, some aren't and I have changed the way I work to correct the errors with "work arounds"

I am now in a position where I have it working well for me and whilst I would consider an upgrade for better functionality (and even bug fixes) a full list of what has changed and which bugs have been corrected BEFORE UPGRADING is really a must in order for me to decide whether to upgrade or not!

Hi, we don't put out a new version until there are several new features / improvements that we feel are worth the upgrade...

To see what is new in the 2018 version, kindly view the online manual at:

https://www.libertystreet.com/home-inventory/homemanage-manual.html

open the

GENERAL INFO

Section and click on

WHATS NEW IN HOMEMANAGE 2018