HELP to undo action

DrGaryG

I am a relatively new user but I do not see an "undo" function. Even a <ctrl>-z which does an undo in most other programs does not work. I guess you'll have to select big groups of unwanted stamps and Delete them. Just another item to add to the list of shortcomings in this program.

The quickest way to delete the stamps is sort the stamps in the group by Created field. It is usually on the far right side in your collection window.  This way to can identify the ones added last and then delete them.  When add an item to your collection, this field will show the date added.  There is also a modified field on when it was last changed.

image.png.6fba5e6abee18c0109da7bd6c60c75d1.png

4 hours ago, DrGaryG said:

Thanks...I think this will work. But my next question is how to add 903-908 as a set purchased together...without adding every stamp in the catalog.

Open the Add Stamp(s) dialog then scroll it down to #903. Select 903 by clicking on it, then hold the <Shift> key down and click on 908. All six stamps from 903 to 908 should now be selected. Fill in the appropriate Condition info and then click on the Additional Information tab at the top and then you can add your purchase info. Then, click OK and all 6 of the stamps will be added to your collection. You may need to use the Properties editor or the Variety editor (F2) to change or adjust values or other info for some of the group.

If you need to add groups of stamps that are not consecutively numbered (i.e. 903, 905, 907), select the first one in the group, then hold the <Ctrl> key down and select the others in the group. Then you just add the Condition info and other pertinent data and click OK to add. Easy-peasy!

Edited by wchettel
spelling correction - consecutively

4 hours ago, DrGaryG said:

Despite what others on the Forum say I have found Liberty Street to be responsive and helpful.

Gary

In the past, I've sent email to techsupport@libertystreet.com and never got a reply! And, they rarely respond in this forum. If you've got something positive to say, why not give a little detail to spread the joy?

Hi, yes you can use the CREATED field to help fix problems like this.  If you sort on the CREATED column in descending order you can see for example any stamps you entered on a particular day.  You can then delete the entries that were entered by accident.

We have recently added the exact time as well as date to this column.  You will see it in the upcoming free update for StampManage 2018.

Sorry we don't have an UNDO function.  You can recover stamps that were accidently deleted by moving them back from the DELETED ITEMS folder.

sorted-created.png