View By Errors

To: Liberty Street Support

If I try to view my collection by choosing from the Menu bar "View > Albums / Stock Books" I get the following errors and I don't see anything but a blank screen. I click OK on the first error and then the second one pops up. When I click OK on the second error, I see just the empty screen. Screenshots attached.

ViewByError0.jpg

ViewByError1.jpg

ViewByError2.jpg

Edited by wchettel
clarify sequence of errors

7 hours ago, admin said:

Hi, do any of the names of  your ALBUMS have punctuation such as: " ' ( ) or [ ] characters

Yes, I currently have four album names that contain parenthesis. Like this: White Ace-1 (1893-1956). And before I'm done adding my stamps I'll probably need at least five or six more named like that.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, admin said:

Hi, yes its probably the () or the period or even the dash. We will fix this for the upcoming free update.  It will be out later this week.

There is no period in the album name. That period in my reply is simply a period to end a sentence. The period is not in bold text like the album name. I'm surprised that you could not deduce that!

6 hours ago, wchettel said:

That's the first time I've ever heard a period described that way!

This side of the pond in England its a Full Stop. Periods are things that ladies have.

We suffer with color, colour; Gray, Grey; Gas, Petrol; etc

I remember my teenage daughter babysitting for our American friends and I quote" the diapers are in this bag and the cookies are in the tin". What is a diaper and cookie she asked.

I agree you use a different dictionary to us.

But back to the problem. I use "( )  - , ;   "etc in my title ( e.g. File Names). The only character I don't use is the period (Full Stop).

Thought this might be the solution? to the problem.

The Stamp Manage Program uses 'Microsoft Access' as its base program.

With my 665,000 plus  records showing Stamp Denomination and 90% showing Year coupled with 303,000 images (showing the correct image,) I have left using Stamp Manage many years ago. With too many errors/corrections/etc.

Regards Colin@ColinPattrick.com

18 hours ago, pattrickcolin said:

This side of the pond in England its a Full Stop. Periods are things that ladies have.

But back to the problem. I use "( )  - , ;   "etc in my title ( e.g. File Names). The only character I don't use is the period (Full Stop).

Thought this might be the solution? to the problem.

Regards Colin@ColinPattrick.com

Ok, I'm going to say this one more time! There is no period in the album name. That period in my reply is simply a period to end a sentence. I'm surprised that you could not deduce that! The period also is not in bold text like the album name. You're suggesting a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Regards, Walter

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 12:22 AM, admin said:

Hi, yes its probably the () or the period or even the dash. We will fix this for the upcoming free update.  It will be out later this week.

This problem has been corrected in the recent update! Thank you! :)