Bug: HomeManage 2018 installs CheckForUpdate_HM2017.exe

dealio

I went to check HomeManage 2018 for updates by using the menuitem under the Help menu "Check for Updates...". When I clicked, nothing happened. The normal application that runs to check for updates did not appear on screen, and there was no error message or dialog box -- absolutely nothing happened.

Ultimately I checked the home folder for the application and found what appears to be an outdated application called CheckForUpdate_HM2017.exe. I wondered how that happened, but figured it may be because I installed the 2018 version on top of the 2017 version. So I renamed the .exe to .exe_SAVE and the associated .dat file to .dat_SAVE and reinstalled the application. After reinstallation, I found CheckForUpdate_HM2017.exe and CheckForUpdate_HM2017.dat in the home folder. I launched CheckForUpdate_HM2017.exe and it as expected. I clicked through the NEXT buttons to check for an update, and it reported that "You already have the most recent version of HomeManage 2017 installed on your system."

Is it checking for version 2017 or version 2018?

David

UpdateCheck2017.PNG