Report with pictures

Guest Sue B.

Guest Sue B.

I am using the software to keep track of furniture for staging model homes.  I would like to be able to print each location seperately and with pictures but I don't understand how to set up the reports.  Hopefully, someone here can help me with that.  Thanks in advance!

Here is how I have set up my inventory sheets.  I have furniture listed under each address and then I have one for stock that I can move in and out of when a house sells.  I would like to be able to do a "asset sheet" for each location  by itself.  Right now, i can get one but it prints everything!  I would like the report to include for each location the picture, Asset #, description, "Brand name", model number, quantity, cost and category (at some point, I would like to add accessories, lamps, rugs, etc) and under additional, comments (i put my measurements there.).  I like that it totals up the total cost for each location too.

Guess I will have to add photos in next post.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this will help or make it more complicated;

For the first problem;

To print reports only for a specific location in HomeManage2018 simply "right-click" a location and select the "Run Report Using", then select the report you want to use - it will limit the report to the items in the location.

For the other problem, it should be simple enough to change headings with the report editor (though I particularly enjoy modifying reports);
   1. Identify the report you want to modify;
      a. Go to print your report, but on the first screen select Preview instead of Print before pressing START
      b. On the preview window, select File->Export, on the export screen make a note of the filename (eg. on my report I have AssetsByPicture.lst)
           -  No need to export the report, just click on CANCEL then exit the Report Preview Window.
      c. Now the fun bit, in Home Manage select Reporting->Edit Report
      d. Select the report with (almost) the same name as you saw above (AssetsByPicture.lst) and click open.
      e. In the Edit window, you should see the headings which you want to change, click on one of the headings
      f. Now click on a heading you want to change. (eg. Manuf.) and in the window that opens change the value (remembering it is in double quotes)
          (eg. change "Manuf." to "Brand") and click on ok. ..... repeat for any other heading you want to change.
   g. When done, select File->SaveAs  and give it a new name (this avoids overwriting the original report) (eg. MyAssetPics.lst)
   h. Now, when running a report, select "Output Report Using.." and select your report.

Anything more complicated and you really need to get into the report editor, I think there's a tutorial somewhere.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...