Import Missing Records

Johnny

I'm trying to import data my "MyICEPlan" home inventory. I have ~500 items to import but HM only brings in 296 of them. I have checked the csv file importing to HM and all records are there. I don't see any error report that states why some recs are skipped. Are there any general rules I need to be concerned about?  I am using the trial version and will likely buy HM if I can get the data imported correctly. Note The csv file has enclosed each field in double quotes. My description field can include commas. See attached sample file. Records 2 (Item Id = 2) and 8 (Item Id = 9) were accepted, the others not. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

Sample_EXPORTED_ICE_ITEMS.CSV

Second issue was regarding the import of inventory pics from ICE (In Case of Emergency). I copied all my ICE pics to HM \AssetImages folder. And the ICE export file had proper file names per each imported item, HM did not pick them up. So, I manually dragged them to each item. That worked, but it was a long process (>500 pics).

Third issue I'm dealing with currently regards the import of item descriptions. I am mapping the imported item description to the HM "COMMENTS" field. Some of the data is being dropped so I need more research into this. Not sure why that is happening. I am able to cut and paste full descriptions into HM fine. I just have >500 to do! Will update later.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Since I have over 500 items most with extensive comments I was stuck. In the end I wrote a c# program using OleDB to connect to the HM database (a test copy). After several attempts I was able to load the descriptive data to the HM Comments field based on the Asset number. All my data was loaded into HM using the Import feature. The mapping worked well.

BTW, I had been using "In Case of Emergency - Home Inventory". That company folded a couple of years ago. I continued to use it until I finally bit the bullet and searched for a replacement. So far I am happy with HM. My data has been ported from ICE to HM and I have added my new items to HM.