Can we get this program running again?

Stephfie55

The below information has been cut and pasted from previous conversations to create this topic so that we can all be on the same page and same topic.  I am trying to get my program fixed and  back up and running.  I think it has locked me out because my free trial has expired and I had downloaded SM2018 onto this computer from an old computer. I think I have already sent you the backup before the SM2018 was added. You should have received it by now. I sent it quite sometime ago.

•  
  •  
  • Stephfie55
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOH
On 7/27/2018 at 2:15 PM, admin said:

can you try FILE > UPDATE STAMPMANAGE FILE from the main menu.  Does that fill in the missing items?

Do a local backup before trying this.

I tried it twice It improved the main issues only. The other issues were not restored.  That was better than nothing, right? Thank you!!! Now what's next??

Members

11 posts

LocationOH

Posted August 18

On 7/28/2018 at 1:20 AM, Stephfie55 said:

I tried it twice It improved the main issues only. The other issues were not restored.  That was better than nothing, right? Thank you!!! Now what's next??

I lied. When I went back to the program after a while, it had returned to its old racked up self, which I have just about had enough of. So how are we going to fix this? I re-downloaded SM2016 in the hopes that might at least give me the USA  numbers.  Well, you know what, it didn't do a thing!!! It was a waste of about 45 minutes. I then Updated Stamp Manager. Right. now big help there either. So now I'm sitting here so frustrated I am about to change to EZ-Stamp. Why not?! I'm going to have to re-enter all my data anyway. Either that or just dump everything from this piece of garbage and start all over. I am NOT feeling like that right now.  It has already erased most of my data that I have to replaced!!!  I probably don't have the papers nor the information to even fill in ail of the stamps now. OMGosh, this is so frustrating. Oh yes, do you think if I buy the 2018 would it correct any of my problems? I sent my backup file and haven't heard anything from anybody, but that's OK. I found the zip file my computer made on its own. So now can we try to get this daggone program working before I lose my temper????!!!!

Edit

admin

Administrator

Administrators

984 posts

LocationMississauga, ON

Posted August 19

Hi, can you come on our online chat today, click on the LIVE SUPPORT ONLINE button at:

https://www.libertystreet.com/Liberty-Street-Software-Contact-Info.htm

I'm not sure what you mean by "main issues only" so its better if we look.

Stephfie55

Members

11 posts

LocationOH

Posted September 9

Hello again,

I'm back. Just wanted to know if anyone is available to help me with this problem before I waste my time telling you what I have done since the last time we spoke. Let me know if any administrators are available.

Thanks.

Edit

Stephfie55

Members

11 posts

LocationOH

Posted September 9

On 8/19/2018 at 10:08 AM, admin said:

Hi, can you come on our online chat today, click on the LIVE SUPPORT ONLINE button at:

https://www.libertystreet.com/Liberty-Street-Software-Contact-Info.htm

I'm not sure what you mean by "main issues only" so its better if we look.

I meant "general issues" and I couldn't think of the right word at the time. I figured you guys would figure it out. My apologies! So no one has answered my last message so I am writing you with this information and hope that someone will eventually figure out what I am talking about and what is wrong.  Oh, I have made several attempts to contact your personal live chat, but I was never able to reach them. I didn't want to leave a message because it would have turned out more confusing probably. Now, let's get to work:  I have tried all the procedures you have given to Dr Gary to solve his problem because I had the same problem. Only I thought if I updated to the 2018 trial maybe that could solve the problems. Well, I forgot that I had already did the trial on my old computer so I am unable to use the trial now.  So guess what happened??!!  You got it!! I am locked out of my program until I buy the whole program for 2018 and acquire a legit PIN.  Can you imagine my frustration I am having now? And I didn't even load all the images on my computer for the 2018 file!!! I'm upset with myself, not you guys.  I should have waited until I had heard from you!!! Me trying to play the genius again. LOL So have you ever heard of anyone's program locking up?? I really feel bad, mad, bad!! Talk to you soon!!

Edit

admin

Administrator

Administrators

984 posts

LocationMississauga, ON

Posted September 10

Hi, can you contact use at sales@libertystreet.com and we will get you figured out regarding the activation code.  We can also arrange a time for a remote control session.  It is the best way to figure out problems as trying to do so over a phone or email can be very difficult.

Stephfie55

Members

11 posts

LocationOH

Posted September 15

OK, I have a question:  What is a good time for all of us to get together? I'm sure that the sales department doesn't have the same hours as you do.?

Edit

OK, what happened is the computer changed from rich text to regular (?) text. But this is the end of the conversations that I was trying to share with you.  I hope they help you understand my predicament.  Thank you for all that you can do with this mess and God bless you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've downloaded the program as you said. Now I'm installing it. But no one told me it would take half of the afternoon and maybe all night. It has been installing since at least 1pm (EST). That's about 8 hours so far and it is is only about 1/5th of the way done.  Now, what do I do?  I have WIFI, and WINDOWS and File Explorer are open with the Stamp Manage Setup page. I tried closing all the stuff except the SM page but it didn't matter. It was still slow as heck!! So I opened A Windows tab and opened the File Explorer, just in case. No difference. I don't remember SM2007 taking this long to download from the site. So what am I doing wrong? It looks like I won't be using the program until tomorrow sometime, maybe. I know I must be frustrating you guys or at at least getting on your last nerve, but I am really frustrated that I can't figure this out myself. I used to be pretty good with computers not too long ago.

God bless you all and thanks a lot!!!