iOS App for Home Inventory

dealio

I've got a lot of my home items cataloged in the Home Inventory application and it does a great job of tracking most information. I think it could be even more useful if there were a counterpart app on iOS so that I could take my database with me in my iPhone. There are a couple reasons I think this would be good.

1) Getting detailed information like item numbers, serial numbers, UPC numbers or collection names is sometimes hard to get without going back to the vendor. And when it comes time to find replacement parts, that information can be critical on, say a furniture set that is several years old. Having pictures and other tracked info available on the iPhone would make it easy to show a dealer/vendor the product and perhaps get better identification information for it.

2) Having my inventory available on the go would also be helpful for avoiding duplication in buying products. It would also be helpful in the opposite case when you want to ensure that you're buying a matching duplicate (if for example you wanted to add to the set).

3) Having the database on iPhone (or in iCloud) would serve as a good backup for the data as well.

4) Showing your product to a friend who might be interested in acquiring it is not possible unless you're at home. But with the database on iPhone, this becomes a possibility.

Are there any plans to build an iOS version of the application that works in conjunction (with the same dataset) with HomeManage 2018, 2019, 2020, etc.?

David

Edited by dealio

• 4 weeks later...