New quarter types

Guest Benjamin

Guest Benjamin

Is it possible to break the Washington Quarters into 3 different types? In the coin Database Editor, I created a State Quarter and a National Park type, and then dragged the appropriate coins from the Washington Type to the appropriate new types. However, the new types do not show up under Ben's coins.

749150193_Screenshot2019-09-0618_06_13.thumb.png.d5d7cab7118b28c8c4ada3153973fab1.png

I ran this scenario on my program and of course first had to add the new type in the Coin Database Editor (Statehood Quarters). Once I added the Denomination (25 Cents) and the Type  Name (Statehood Quarters) then the other tabs appear - "Info" "Coins" "Images" etc. Under the Coins Tab I added the first issue - 1999  P Delaware. Now it still hasn't shown up in My Collection but when I go to Add Coin(s) and add my first 1999 Delaware quarter and click Apply then Okay the new type will show up in My Collection. This may be a drawn out description that begs the question Have you added any new coins of your own to the new type? It should show up as long as you've added the new issue/Coins to the Type Info dialog box - 1999 Delaware P through 2008 Hawaii P.

• 1 month later...

Any update to this Benjamin?  I just did the same thing; added Washington 50 States, Washington National Parks, etc.  Dragged (drug) the coins from the editor into their "new" category and none of them show up in my collection.  I did try adding a new coin and they appear in the new category and that new coin adds to my collection, but that's all.  None of the previously added coins moved over.  Thoughts?

I had the same problem: One can add a new coin "Type" in the database editor, and then drag existing coins into the new Type. However, existing coins in your collection will not show up under the new Type, nor will you be able to edit any information for the coins in your collection that were dragged into the new Type.

My computer recently crash, and I lost a lot of information that had been entered. So I just deleted all my Washington quarters, made the new coin "Types" as above, and then began adding again coins to my collection. Everything now works like a charm, but not sure if there will be glitches after the next update. I also divided up the Lincoln cents into Four "Types": Wheaties, Memorial, Bicentennial, and Shield. 😀

1312308879_Screenshot2019-10-2120_05_30.thumb.png.6dbbeae02880ca7b8d7f27623feffc9f.png