Monaco Issues in StampManage 2020

maineiac13

First some background:  I have a virtually complete collection of mint Monaco issues, from #1 through the issues of 2019.  When I purchased StampManage 2019, I was disappointed to find that there were only about 1000+ images in the Monaco image folder instead of about 3800+ which would represent all the stamps.  Also, in addition to the many stamps which had no images there were more than 1000 stamps omitted entirely from the database.  And there were more than 1000 stamps which though appearing in the database had no pricing information whatsoever or only pricing for used stamps, etc.

So, having the time and the interest, I decided to do something about this.  First, working directly with Paul at StampManage, I ultimately uploaded more than 3000 images of stamps taken directly from my collection.  For a variety of reasons it was easier to do this by sending them via DropBox to Paul rather than through the regular submitting process within the program.  Additionally, I added values for the missing information in the database and added and corrected the stamp information so that all stamps were shown.  This was all completed by about the end of June.  About that time, an update for StampManage 2019 was released though none of the changes that I had done were yet included.

I had previously asked Paul what would happen to my database if I installed the July update and he expected that my own changes would remain even though they were  not in the update database.  I installed the new  update (though I backed up my database first).  The good news was that my database still included all the images I had created.  The bad news was that the update overrode many of the pricing changes I had made.  For "new" Scott numbers that I had added, there was no problem.  However, for all of the many Scott Numbers where there had been no previous pricing at all or where I had added missing information for mint stamps, etc., that information was stripped from my database after installing the update.  Since i had made a backup of my pre-update database I was able to reinstall my own database...but as a consequence, was unable to utilize the update.

Fast Forward to StampManage 2020:  I was looking forward to the new version of SM2020 so that I would be able to update my database not only for Monaco but for the other countries I collect.  To be safe I decided to download SM2020 onto a different computer from where I have SM2019.  Immediately I discovered that still NONE of the 3000+ images I submitted to Paul were added to the Monaco image folder.  Additionally, while the Monaco database now includes the NEW Monaco stamps that I added through about March 2019, it includes none of the pricing information I added for those stamps or for the previously existing stamps where I added pricing information.

So, absent some clarification of when, how and whether the updates I provided are going to make it into SM2020 it seems that it does not make sense for me to update to SM2020.  And I wonder how many others who have uploaded  similar information to SM for other countries may not realize that their information is not making it into the program and/or may be overridden when updates are installed?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have finally had a chance to take a look in detail at the Monaco images which are in SM2020 and compare them with the images that I submitted to Admin last summer.  It turns out that some of the images I submitted made it into the new SM2020 Monaco images after all.  But there are a number of major problems nevertheless.  First, I submitted the images in 3 separate files.  The first contained about 800 images, while the 2nd and 3rd contained about 1000 each.  (There is a 4th set which I have not yet submitted which has also been prepared.)  Only some images from the first submission are included in Monaco SM2020 images.  None of the 2000+ images submitted in parts 2 and 3 are included.

Also, when I submitted the images I did include some images where SM2019 already had images.  I did this for 2 reasons.  First, there were some cases where SM2019 had the wrong image for the stamps. And second there were many Monaco images in SM2019 that were quite poor compared to the images that I was able to provide.  Below are examples of what I am talking about.  In each case, the first image is the present image in SM2020 and the second image is the image I provided.

In particular, note the first set.  This is the image for Scott #1.  The image currently in SM2020 is NOT Scott #1, but rather Scott #C69!!  The other 3 examples are for Scott #s 14, 17,  and 20 respectively and show examples of poor quality images on the left that I had hoped to improve by uploading the images on the right.

Most importanly, however, is the fact that there are still more than 2000 images that are still completely missing from the Monaco image folder which I submitted.  If I need to re-submit them, please let me know.

1.JPG

Guest Colin Pattrick

I would be interested in copies of your Monaco images to add to my 350,000 images that are free to download.

Currently I only have 1,950 Monaco Images, some of which may be of use to you. 

1950 Monaco Images (Country ID 653) https://ln2.sync.com/dl/3119eec10/4t735g7f-2wipycuc-nqvyfd5n-7n8yzfgk

I can download you an UPLOAD Link directly to you for Monaco (country ID 653) if it would help.

Regards colinATcolinpattrickDOTcom  here on a beautiful Spring day at the mouth of the River Thames, as it flows into the Sea. 

from Southend on Sea, Essex, England

On 2/6/2020 at 4:03 PM, Guest Colin Pattrick said:

I would be interested in copies of your Monaco images to add to my 350,000 images that are free to download.

Currently I only have 1,950 Monaco Images, some of which may be of use to you. 

1950 Monaco Images (Country ID 653) https://ln2.sync.com/dl/3119eec10/4t735g7f-2wipycuc-nqvyfd5n-7n8yzfgk

I can download you an UPLOAD Link directly to you for Monaco (country ID 653) if it would help.

Regards colinATcolinpattrickDOTcom  here on a beautiful Spring day at the mouth of the River Thames, as it flows into the Sea. 

from Southend on Sea, Essex, England

Sure...I'll send you an email