List of Countries with IDs

admin

We have had some requests for a list of countries with associated numbers.  Here it is in txt format.  To see the images for a particular country, choose FILE > GO TO STAMPMANAGE IMAGES FOLDER

from the main menu.  Then open the numbered folder corresponding to the country you want to see.

Countries.txt

• 1 year later...

Perhaps I should start a new topic but this country ID list is involved so I'll start here.

Having  3 stamps from Guinea to enter into SM sounds simple. So, Add stamp > Guinea > General issue > long, long, long list of nearly every general issue stamp in the DB (Data Manager says 427,646 varieties). Something wrong there - even for Guinea.

Data Manager says Guinea countryID is 980. In the text list of countries Guinea is #891. Image folder 891 is several hundred stamps of Guinea. Image folder 980 has 7 stamps of Guinea I added sometime in the past.

Checking the DB file in MS Access: in the 'Countries' table Guinea is #980, Kalmykia is #891, and Kalmykia is also #895.

Can I fix this by deleting Kalmykia #891 in the 'Countries' table and then changing the Guinea entry to 891 (from 980)?

In the 'Types' table I have a record with Description=General Issue, CountryID=980, and TypeID=0. I am guessing that when I ask for General issues for Guinea it looks in Types for the TypeID for General Issues for country 980, finds TypeID=0 and TypeID=0 means every General Issues stamp in the database.

Also in the 'Types' table I have a record with Description=General Issue, CountryID=891, and TypeID=31663.

Clear as mud? I hope I am on the right track here. Though I find it easy to step off the track into the quicksand, sinking down to oblivion in the computer quagmire.

Thank you to anyone who can help

Brian

Ok, it seems to be working now. Changed the Guinea entry CountryID back to 891 in the Countries table and the listings in 'Add Stamp' and in the Data Manager look correct now. I don't know how it got changed in the first place, but at least was able to fix it.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/14/2021 at 5:56 AM, brianh said:

Ok, it seems to be working now. Changed the Guinea entry CountryID back to 891 in the Countries table and the listings in 'Add Stamp' and in the Data Manager look correct now. I don't know how it got changed in the first place, but at least was able to fix it.

Changing the countries table directly can lead to massive problems.  Reason being all the 750,000 varieites have the countryid set to a particular value.

• 2 months later...
Guest Marc Imholz

I tried to ask a question, but didn’t succeed. So I ask my question in the forum. I downloaded a trial version of the 2022 version. Is it correct that 2022 version doesn’t mean that the database is up to date to 2022? The stamps for Germany and Belgium don’t go any further than 2016. Is this the way it should be? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, we have to approve posts written by "guests" sorry for the delay.  Otherwise the forum would be overrun by SPAM.

The stamp database is not complete for all countries, so you will see countries that are current up until 2016.

We are trying to keep more countries up to date as the database is now better with all the older issues.