Backup not working

JanetH

I am running the latest StampManage 2020 version on a Windows 10 Home 64 bit.  My backups had been working fine until a few days ago when it started giving me an error message saying that I did not have permission to save to my designated folder that had worked fine before.  It asked if instead I wanted to save under my username.  I said yes and went to look for the backup in the folder it said it would save to and it was not there.  I also verified the security of the folders I had saved to before and assured all the folders had "full control".  StampManage still would not save to my preferred location.  In addition, after I attempt to do File > Backup Database, it wipes out all data showing previously.  I have to exit and come back in to see my data.  I have tried running StampManage as administrator and get the same results.  Please help!  Thanks much.

StampManage2020-ScreenPrint-JaHorton.pdf

Hi, if your list looks blank after a backup try selecting a collection again you should see the data again.  Its usually best to backup before exiting the program so you backup the latest changes.

when doing a local backup you can change the folder where the backup is going to be stored,  are you unable to backup to any folder whatsoever?

Yes, I did try selecting a different collection and still no data.  Yes, I always (try) to do a backup before exiting.

I tried saving to my C: drive versus my D: drive, and it didn't give me an error, but no backup was created and saved.  Also the data in the database went blank until I closed and reopened StampManage.

Other thoughts?

Thanks, Janet

Guest JanetH

Mystery and problems solved.  I had recently started using BitDefender and it had shown an error message which I did not see that said "Application access was blocked.  The application StampManage.exe attempted to change a file in a protected folder and was blocked.  Protected folder: D:\Documents\StampManage."

Then in BitDefender, I clicked on Protection > Safe Files > Application Access.  I then clicked on the application StampManage and set the switch to Allow.

Sorry for bothering you,

Janet

Guest JanetH

Yes, it does.  To be clear, my case is closed, as the problem lay in BitDefender blocking the application.  All is working as expected in StampManage 2020 now.

Thanks,

Janet