Font size in album window

Guest Larry Cosner

Guest Larry Cosner

Hello!  I'm using your (US) StampManage program during a trial period.  I *really* like it, but there is one issue that is almost a deal-breaker for me: how small the display font is in the window that shows all the stamps in a given album.  And I can't for the life of me seem to find a way to change it.  (The "font for lists" choice in the options menu seems to have no effect.)  Is there a way to increase the size of the font in this (sub)window?  Thanks in advance to any who have input!

Guest Larry Cosner

Thanks for the quick reply.  Yes, I am using a 4K monitor, on the "recommended" settings.  The fonts really do look quite nice: crisp, well-defined, not blurred, so your project did a good job!  My problem is that they are sooooo tiiiiiiiny that my aging eyes -- even with glasses -- don't track well to them.  That is, reading the stamps entered into my album(s) is a bit arduous.  For comparison, the font in the "add stamps" window is much larger, and I can immediately read it, without having to scrunch up my eyes and move closer to the monitor.  Fewer rows, but *WAY* more quickly readable.  (As Telulah (sp?) Bankhead was once known to say: "Old age isn't for sissies...!")

Anyway, I'd love to see fewer (rows of) entries in the 'album' view, but at a larger font size.  (Yes, I understand I'd have to perhaps display fewer columns as well; but this is a reasonable tradeoff from my perspective.)

I really hope this is a modifiable issue.  I otherwise absolutely *LOVE* your product -- and it is INCREDIBLY low-priced for its degree of functionality!! -- and would hate to give it up (now that I know its wonderful capabilities!). But this definitely is a significant issue for me, because the on-screen display of my album contents is almost unusable to me (and on my laptop, is pretty-much unusable).  Sure, I can print everything, but I'd rather have the on-screen data be more usable.

Guest Larry Cosner

Well, jic anyone else is interested in this thread's subject, I thought I'd summarize what I've figured out, and my decision.

It turns out the "font size" choice under properties DOES modify the font size in the display window for your various collections (etc); it just doesn't take effect until after you quit and restart the app.  (Note to any employees that might read this: standard practice is to include a note on this in the dialog box, or to throw up a secondary dialog box alerting the user to this need.  FWIW.)

Even at the highest font setting -- 26 -- the information is a little smaller than I'd like, smaller than in the "Add Stamps" window, for example.  But it is big enough that I can live with it, even on my 4k-13"screen laptop!

I note this, because otherwise I really like this program.  I'm not fond of several of their canned reports, but it seems that their report writer give a lot of flexibility, and with a little (mental) elbow grease I can make reports to my liking.  So I'm going to pay for this produce, and use it on both my home box and my laptop.  Indeed, even if I had to pay twice -- which I don't, as the company policy (nice!) is that you can have it two places -- I would.  I like it that much.

One final note, regarding the above: it is easy to keep the home box and LT syncronized: i just copy the "stampdata.mdb" to a common location and then into the "data" folder on the given device.  Seems to work great.  (Be sure to copy!  Otherwise you'll do a bunch of typing in a stale version, and have to redo it.  I know what I'm talking about here.  <sigh>)  Eventually I'm going to see if I can re-direct the program to a cloud location for that data folder, but I don't want to introduce that complexity to the system just yet (as I'm still figuring it out, and getting it set up to my liking).  HTH someone!

p.s. -- it does crash a bit; but I've yet to lose data, and I do lots of backups (by their method and by my own).  So I'm not too dismayed by this.  Hopefully that'll "be cleared up in the next version...".  We'll see.  Doesn't put me off paying for this very helpful app!

Hi Larry,

Welcome, I totally agree its a very handy app indeed!

I haven't experienced much in the crash department, however any details on a common theme/action that might be coinciding with the crash?

Regarding the font, I agree, would be nice to have a little pop-up stating that it will go into effect when you next launch StampManage or something similar...

@admin -Would be great to see additional font controls introduced for the Collection list and the Details window beneath the list window, as well as the a font control for the Stamp Properties/Add Stamp window. especially for some hi-resolution displays.  And for me in particular, my aging certainly aren't what they used to be.

Thanks,

Jeff