HomeManage2020 error while updating attachments path

dealio

Recently I made a change in the location where all the attachments are stored to simplify backup of all attachments. This meant that I would need to edit every asset which has an attachment to update the drive letter to point to the new location. This process is highly manual, but was working well until about the 40th or so item when I received an error message upon attempting to open the next asset properties box. The text of the error is "System resource exceeded. (3035) and the OK button is the only option. Clicking the OK button results in another box popping up with the exact same message, then another box, then another and so on with no apparent way around the issue but to kill the program. The dialog box is modal and will not allow any other access to the program until it has been closed.

UPDATE: I found that after 15 - 20 error dialog boxes, the properties dialog finally appeared and I could close it, then close the program without killing it! After restarting the app, it worked as expected.

Note that the system HomeManage 2020 is running on has 64 GB RAM and 2TB drive storage space on 2 drives, both of which are less than 10% full. I don't know what system resource HM2020 is running out of, and so I don't know how to prevent this issue. A quick look at Task Manager revealed that the AssetMng.exe process (HomeManage) was consuming 1.4 GB as Working Set and 1.3 GB as Active Private Working Set. As it is a 32-bit program, it should be able to access at least 2GB of memory with no problem. So I need help understanding what the problem is and how to correct it.

Edited by dealio
clarifications