Various questions

Guest Guitarguy

Guest Guitarguy

Hi,

I bought the entire program few years ago and am unfortunately just now starting to use it due to health reasons.  I realize that I may be missing updates but I need to find out which version I have before getting it up to date. How/where can I find my version as well as  needed updates?

my last question is if I purchase a hand held bar code and QR code reader will it place the item into the appropriate place in the program?  This would be a huge relief if it does as I have thousands of coins to inventory.

thanks very much for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Regards,

Dave Metta

metta19@comcast.net

630 417-5522

Hi, the program has a feature that lets you scan PCGS slabbed coins.  You scan the barcode and CoinManage will look up the variety, grade,etc..

this feature only works for PCGS coins as NGC and other slabbed coins do not contain that information in the barcode.

You can find which version you have be selecting:

HELP > ABOUT

from the main menu.

If you have CoinManage Deluxe, you can upgrade to the new 2021 version at:

CoinManage USA at:

QR Codes at this point are mainly for scanning with your phone.  The QR Code will usually be a web-site or email address.  Once you scan it with your phone, you can go directly to that web-site or bring up your email with the email address.

Guest Thank you very much!

It’s rare to get such a complete answer on forums (I was a moderater on 3), especially to a multi-part question.  I’m very appreciative.

I doubt I will buy a hand-held reader even though approx. 65% of my coins are PCGS slabbed. I ended why NGC doesn’t get on board. I’ll try to find out. It’s not that difficult of a task if you don’t set a deadline and/or just start with say 2021 coins and play catch-up down the line.  Probably incentive driven.

When I think about how many I have to inventory I may change my mind about buying a hand held reader.

Thanks again for your info and effort!

Regards,

Dave

Guest Thank you very much!

Just read your reply again and saw where I took a left turn. Entering thousands of coins by hand is daunting even with assistance. 

Crap, guess what I’ll be doing for the next couple of years...

Thanks again.

Dave