How to create a list of all my Booklet Panes, or a list of all my stamps with "Fine" centering, in Scott # order?

crossrh

There has to be a way to do this, but I can't figure it out.  I'm not an Access-ologist.

I want a list, in Scott # order, of all my booklet panes, so I can check them off a list of all booklet panes, to see which ones I'm missing.

I also want a list, in Scott # order, of all stamps I have entered with a Centering of Fine, so I can print a list of stamps I need to replace.

I tried selecting the Column heading for Stamp Type, and Centering, so it groups all the stamps, but they're not in Scott # order.

On a similar note, under the View By pane on the far left, can you add "Centering" to the list of options?

Edited by crossrh
Epiphany

Guest Colin Pattrick

Hi 

As an Access-ologist.

"I tried selecting the Column heading for Stamp Type, and Centering, so it groups all the stamps, but they're not in Scott # order."

With Access you can Highlight and select more than one column for sorting. You can highlight Columns and make them adjacent, prior to sorting.

The database  stores the Scott Catalog Number as a Text Alphabetical field. It also separates the Scott Catalog number into three fields (Prefix, Number and Suffix) with number being a Numeric Field.

So if you wish to sort you need to use the Numeric field. (Not sure if its viewable?)

Sort on six numbers Numeric 

2120 Which is what you want

Sort on the same six numbers as a Text field:-

2120 Which is not the sort you want

Regards colin@colinpattrick.com