My Look Up (Bar code) does not work

Guest dejota@btinternet.com

Guest dejota@btinternet.com

I have just installed the 2022 upgrade of Home Manage and purchased a scanner which I have connected correctly but after scanning in the bar code which appears in the correct position and clicking on look up - nothing happens

Hi, I believe we emailed you about this.  If you can post here or email some barcodes that are not working we will take a look.  I believe you are outside of the USA, the barcode lookup will soon have the option to search Amazon UK and Amazon in other countries, that could be the issue

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with update 2022 and the update version.  The scanner works every where but not in the box that the scanned info need to go.   I have not heard back on what they have done about this.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and it stilol did not work.  Maybe I should go back to version 2019.  At least that version worked.

• 1 month later...
Guest barcode

i enter barcode after barcode, they don't enter, do you add the faces or the leading or trailing number. ?

is there a new program that used a different source for barcode entry

21 hours ago, Guest barcode said:

i enter barcode after barcode, they don't enter, do you add the faces or the leading or trailing number. ?

is there a new program that used a different source for barcode entry

Hi, which version of HomeManage do you have? if not 2022 can you email sales@libertystreet.com we can reply with instructions.

• 2 months later...

7 March 2022:

Somewhere I saw a "Go to Preferences and click..." to set the source of Barcode Lookups. I can't find a place in "Preferences" that yields such a possibility.

I'm on 2022, had some success with Amazon.com items previously, but now, not so much. 

Thank you for your attention.

"Hi, your preferences (TOOLS > PREFERENCES)  Should have the pull-down as shown in attached screenshot.  If not (and you have the 2022 edition), try getting the latest update.  HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES from the main menu. "

Thanks again for your attention.

My result from "Check for updates" is that I have the latest. See attachment #3.

Version number is on attachment #2

The "Preferences" display I get is attachment #1.

ass_man preferences 2 jScreenshot (29).jpg

AssManVersionAndRegistrationKey_Screenshot (30).jpg

AssManUPTODATE Screenshot (32).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 6:14 AM, admin said:

Ok try downloading AssetManage 22.0.0.4  from:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/LSSDownloads/AssetMngStdSetup2022.exe

Having done that, choosing all the original default offerings, I see my "About Asset Manage" display shows a different Version Number: 22.0.0.6 (rather than ..4 as in your note, and ..3 as in my previous installation).

But no change in the Tools-Preferences screen. Still no choice for Barcode lookup domain...

I appreciate your taking time to work on this strange condition.

On 3/18/2022 at 6:14 AM, admin said:

Adding injury to insult, in my fooling around with files locations, I have made some move of the "Assets.mdb" file that makes AssetManage refuse to open: "Invalid argument. (3001)" and some other admonition, ""Not a valid bookmark (3159)".

I have to guess this is the result of my misplacing the "Assets.mdb" file. Where does it belong? For that matter, I could use a map to know where any or all of the essential AssetManage files should be located.

I hate to be a pain of any kind, but with hundreds of hours of labor at stake, I'm feeling very threatened.

Thanks again,

Frank Sheffield

On 3/21/2022 at 9:12 PM, fsheff said:

Adding injury to insult, in my fooling around with files locations, I have made some move of the "Assets.mdb" file that makes AssetManage refuse to open: "Invalid argument. (3001)" and some other admonition, ""Not a valid bookmark (3159)".

I have to guess this is the result of my misplacing the "Assets.mdb" file. Where does it belong? For that matter, I could use a map to know where any or all of the essential AssetManage files should be located.

I hate to be a pain of any kind, but with hundreds of hours of labor at stake, I'm feeling very threatened.

Thanks again,

Frank Sheffield

I spoke to this earlier, but it seems my post failed to land here:

I was able to get AssetManage to let me in, using an older set of files.

The location of Assets.mdb is still a mystery to me. I have newer versions that could bring my content up to date, but I hesitate to plug them in because the past experience derailed the whole train.

Still no choice for Barcode lookup domain...

• 2 weeks later...

So there it is! I can't say how it happened, but the choice of Barcode Sources has appeared, and it works with Amazon.com. I apologize for all the bad thoughts I've had. Most of them, anyway.

Is Amazon wired-in, or can other databases be added? I'm thinking of Prescription Drug companies, for instance.

Thank you for your attention.