Homemanage User Date Field

harmog

• 7 months later...
On 10/3/2021 at 7:35 PM, harmog said:

The user date field in Homemanage 2021 is formatted M/D/YYYY so 2 digit months or days cannot be entered.  Can this format be changed?

That has been my experience as well. I think something is wrong in the application because the system date format M/D/YYYY doesn't break 2-digit months and days in any other application I use. I have a couple user-defined date fields which will not accept a second digit for either the month or the day. I don't think the developers understand the problem as I got the same response. But even if the app is using the system date format as he states, and that format is set to M/D/YYYY, date fields should still accept 2-digit months and 2-digit days. Microsoft's formatting string 'M/D/YYYY'--which is used in Windows and many MS apps, like MS Access--means display 2 digits only when the month/day is 2 digits--otherwise use 1 digit. In other words, don't pad the day and month with zeros. HomeManage uses Microsoft Access as its database. So the underlying database  understands how to interpret the M/D/YYYY formatting string and will use it properly without the need to change the system date format.

On 5/20/2022 at 11:50 PM, dealio said:

That has been my experience as well. I think something is wrong in the application because the system date format M/D/YYYY doesn't break 2-digit months and days in any other application I use. I have a couple user-defined date fields which will not accept a second digit for either the month or the day. I don't think the developers understand the problem as I got the same response. But even if the app is using the system date format as he states, and that format is set to M/D/YYYY, date fields should still accept 2-digit months and 2-digit days. Microsoft's formatting string 'M/D/YYYY'--which is used in Windows and many MS apps, like MS Access--means display 2 digits only when the month/day is 2 digits--otherwise use 1 digit. In other words, don't pad the day and month with zeros. HomeManage uses Microsoft Access as its database. So the underlying database  understands how to interpret the M/D/YYYY formatting string and will use it properly without the need to change the system date format.

+1

Absolutely!! I also reported this back in Feb but have too busy to use the app and follow-up since.

@admin The Windows date/time in Control Panel indicates a DISPLAY format. M/D/YYYY simply means Windows should suppress leading zeros when displaying the date. 

Does it make any sense for Windows to offer the option of a date format that precludes the user from entering dates for more than two-thirds of the year? (No dates 11 to 31 in ANY month and forget about all of Oct, Nov and December) Does that make any sense?  Could this bug please be addressed please? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...