Unable to upgrade to Coin Manage 2022 with 'Failed to open output file' error

Guest Jeff Ryan

Guest Jeff Ryan

Hello,

I purchased 2022 upgrade, uninstalled 2020 that I had installed, and when I try and run the CoinMngUSASetup2022.exe that I have as a download link to install, I get 3 consecutive  dialog boxes with 'Failed to Open Output file', labeled irsetup, and then 1 'Failed self extraction' and never installs.  I've had this for a while, keep trying to re-download periodically.  Any help on resolving?  Thanks much.

Hi, this seems like some sort of permissions issue.  Your user account does not have permission to write to the folders used by the setup program.  Can you right mouse click on the CoinMngUSASetup2022.exe program and choose:

RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

from the popup menu.  Does this solve the problem?

Guest run as administrator

Hi, thanks for the reply, but sorry, no, I just tried that and still the same thing.  I have it in my Downloads folder and I righ-click Run As Administrator.  This is a Win 10 Home computer, so no domain permissions, no other users logging in, etc.  

Guest Yes, it looks like virus p

Ah yup, it looks like that is the place to start.

In my virus protection, from Spectrum Charter who I get internet service from, there is an 'Application was blocked from accessing you files' when I try it.  I temporarily turn it off though and still same error, plus I 'd rather not turn it off.  Any other suggestions on what to do to let it through when/if this is the problem then if you've seen this recently?  Thanks.