Database Management/Reindexing

Mike824

As my database grows larger and larger(currently almost 4,000 coins) the database crashes more and more often during routine data input.  It also crashes almost always when I modify an older record, add a photo, or sell a coin.  In other software applications where a database is used and the preceding occurs, a reindexing of the database has corrected the crashing.  Is there a way to reindex?  I'm searching for answers right now because the coin manage software has become increasingly unstable and I've got countless hours entering my collection.

Do you have MICROSOFT ACCESS installed on your computer? If so, you can open the COINDESC.MDB file and then select the REPAIR /COMPRESS button.   That may help the situation.

If you don't have MS ACCESS you can ZIP the COINDESC.MDB file and send it to us 

Can I send you the error/crash logs regarding the latest crash?  The crash occurred when I "Sold" a coin.  I opened the coin record and clicked today's date and then clicked save.  Then the crash.  Is there a secure way to send you these logs?